Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Senior Research Fellow through recruitment notification – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur) Recruitment 2015 – DAE /EE /20130166. Candidates who have completed M.Sc, B.Tech, M.Tech can apply for the new recruitment notification from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Senior Research Fellow Job on or before 17 Aug 2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur)
Vacancy Name : Senior Research Fellow
Educational Qualification : M.Sc, B.E/B.Tech, M.E/M.Tech
Total No of Vacancy : 01 Post
Salary : Rs.25,000-28,000/- p.m
Job Location : Kanpur
Last Date to Apply for this job : 17 Aug 2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : Dr Naren Naik ([email protected]) Department of Electrical Engineering Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur Kanpur – 208016.
Detail of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur) Senior Research Fellow Recruitment:
Advertisement for Senior Research Fellow (SRF); Project Number: DAE /EE /20130166.
- Project: Shape based computational fluorescence optical tomography for dysplasia in cervical cancer
- Principal Investigator: Dr Naren Naik ([email protected]) Department of Electrical Engineering Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur Kanpur – 208016. Sponsor: BRNS
- Minimum Requirements: M.E/M.Tech or M.Sc/B.E/B.Tech with 2 years experience. (Note: Outstanding candidates who do not match the experience criterion might be considered by the selection committee for the post of a JRF.)
- Essential Requirements: An interest in optical physics and with demonstratable capability/inclination in a subset of the following: (a) Computational electromagnetics (especially using the finite element method) (b) Numerical methods (especially for PDEs and Linear Algebra) (c) Optimization (d) Signal processing. A good facility and interest in programming with MATLAB is preferred. Academically inclined candidates with a research potential and interest in the above areas will be preferred.
- Project Brief: Fluorescence optical tomography (FOT) is an imaging modality to obtain structural and functional information about tissues of interest in order to accomplish early detection of cancer. The computational aspect of the present project aims at the development of novel schemes to reconstruct the unknown optical properties of tissue in a nonlinear tomography setting. Also, reconstructions should be tailored for the data collection arrangement that is being set up.
- Emoluments: Rs 28000/- per month (consolidated) for SRF (Rs 25000/- for JRF as applicable).
- Duration: Project till Sept 2016; initial appointment will be for at most 1 year.
- Enquiries: Any enquiries about the above post may please be sent to Dr Naren Naik ([email protected]).
Selection Procedure for Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur) – Senior Research Fellow Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 17 Aug 2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy in Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur) :
Applications for the above post may please be submitted by both e-mail and hard copy to Dr Naren Naik at the above address. Importantly, in addition to basic academic details of the candidate, the application must contain a statement reflecting compatibility of the candidate with the project requirements stated above (in particular with respect to any subset of the 4 areas of expertise listed above). Potential applicants should feel free to contact Dr Naik about any questions they might have.
Last date of submitting applications: 17 Aug 2015.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 17 Aug 2015
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur) Recruitment 2014 – DAE /EE /20130166.
05-12-2016 , 06-12-2016