Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur) invites online application for the recruitment of Junior Technician & More Vacancies for MS, BSc, BCA, MD, Masters degree, B.Tech, Ph.D holders
Company name :Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur)
Posts :Junior Technician & More Vacancies
Qualification : MS, BSc, BCA, MD, Masters degree, B.Tech, Ph.D
Salary : Rs.5200-39100/- p.m
No of Post : 28
Last date to apply : 01 Dec 2014
Details of Post :
Junior Technician & More Vacancies
IIT Kanpur an Institute of national importance has been in the forefront of engineering & technology education research & development The Institute derives strength from its philosophy, vision and values that has led to achievement of academic excellence and promotion of high order technological research. The Institute is in search of suitable Indian Nationals, through ONLINE applications only, for appointment on the following posts:
Detail of Vacancies :
|Sl. No.||Name Of Post||No. Of Posts||Pay Scale|
|01||Medical Officer||01||PB-3:Rs.15600-39100; GP:Rs.5400/- Total emoluments Rs.69509/-per month|
|02||Assistant Registrar||01||PB-3:Rs.15600-39100; GP:Rs.5400/- Total emoluments Rs.58641/-per month|
|03||Assistant Registrar||02||PB-3:Rs.15600-39100; GP:Rs.5400/- Total emoluments Rs.58641/-per month|
|04||Security Officer||01||PB-3:Rs.15600-39100; GP:Rs.5400/- Total emoluments Rs.58641/-per month|
|05||Students’ Counselor||01||PB-3:Rs.15600-39100; GP:Rs.5400/- Total emoluments Rs.58641/-per month|
|06||Superintendent||01||PB-2:Rs.9300-34800; GP:Rs.4600/- Total emoluments Rs.45768/-per month|
|07||Sanitary Inspector Gr-I||01||PB-2:Rs.9300-34800; GP:Rs.4200/-Total emoluments Rs.36752/-per month|
|08||Junior Technical Superintendent||01||PB-2:Rs.9300-34800; GP:Rs.4200/-Total emoluments Rs.36752/-per month|
|09||Junior Technical Superintendent||03||PB-2:Rs.9300-34800; GP:Rs.4200/-Total emoluments Rs.36752/-per month|
|10||Junior Technical Superintendent||01||PB-2:Rs.9300-34800; GP:Rs.4200/-Total emoluments Rs.36752/-per month|
|11||Junior Technical Superintendent||04||PB-2:Rs.9300-34800; GP:Rs.4200/-Total emoluments Rs.36752/-per month|
|12||Junior Technical Superintendent||01||PB-2:Rs.9300-34800; GP:Rs.4200/-Total emoluments Rs.36752/-per month|
|13||Junior Technical Superintendent||02||PB-2:Rs.9300-34800; GP:Rs.4200/-Total emoluments Rs.36752/-per month|
|14||Junior Technician||03||PB-1:Rs.5200-20200; GP:Rs.2000/- Total emoluments Rs.22197/-per month|
|15||Junior Technician||02||PB-1:Rs.5200-20200; GP:Rs.2000/- Total emoluments Rs.22197/-per month|
|16||Junior Technician||01||PB-1:Rs.5200-20200; GP:Rs.2000/- Total emoluments Rs.22197/-per month|
|17||Junior Technician||02||PB-1:Rs.5200-20200; GP:Rs.2000/- Total emoluments Rs.22197/-per month|
Age Limit : For Group-A Posts at Sl. Nos.1 to 4 maximum up to 50 years and at Sl. No.5 in any case not more than 55 years, Group-B Posts at Sl. Nos.6 to13, 25 to 40 years & Group-C Posts at Sl. Nos.14 to 17, 18 to 35 years.
Educational Qualification :
- Essential MBBS, including completion of compulsory rotating internship, followed by at least 3 years of experience in a recognized hospital, OR Post-graduate diploma in an appropriate branch of Medicine plus at least one year experience in a recognized hospital, OR MD, or MS, in an appropriate branch of Medicine. Desirable Post graduate qualification (MD/ Diploma) in Medicine/ Tuberculosis and Chest diseases.Job Description The Medical Officer will have to perform shift duties (OPD/ Indoor) including night shift, emergency duties, vaccination clinic and any other work assigned by the In-charge/ Chief Medical Officer of the Health Centre.
- Essential Master’s Degree with at least 55% of the marks, or its equivalent grade of ‘B’ in the UGC seven point scale along with good academic record. Desirable Masters degree in management and/or related disciplines and additional Certification in Incubation, Mentoring, Technology Transfer and Entrepreneurship from reputed organizations with a minimum of 9 years experience in one or more of the following areas: Incubation Centre Management & Administration, including Legal, Establishment, General Administration, Accounting and Finance, liaising with funding agencies related to Entrepreneurship, incubation and technology transfer, of which at least 5 years in a Supervisory/ Superintendent/ capacity in the (pre-revised) pay scale of Rs.6500-10500/-, or PB-2, Rs.9300-34800 with Grade Pay of Rs.4600/- and/ or on contractual/ project appointment in project mode with a fixed scale in a Government, Semi Government, Financial/ Commercial organization, reputed recognized University/ Technological Institution of national standing etc. Computer literacy and ability to work independently will be preferred. Job Description The job entails management of the various incubation centres, research centers, labs and accelerators established at IIT Kanpur under SIIC, which includes fund raising, deployment and monitoring of seed funds, managing various schemes of the funding agencies, organizing and managing outreach activities of the centre like PRISM, TYE, PRIME83, ECell etc. Other than the above the AR is responsible for the smooth administration of the various facilities like Tinkering Lab, Motwani Acceleration, RA Accommodation and any other facility directly under the administrative control of SIIC. This includes Management & Administration, including Recruitment, Legal, Establishment, General Administration, Accounting and Finance, liaise with funding agencies related to Entrepreneurship, incubation and technology transfer. The AR would be working directly under the ADII to facilitate all activities and facilities which form part of the innovation ecosystem of IIT Kanpur, directly under the administrative control of SIIC & ADII.
- Essential Master’s Degree with at least 55% of the marks, or its equivalent grade of ‘B’ in the UGC seven point scale along with good academic record.Desirable Minimum 8 years experience in one or more of the following areas: Administrative matters including Legal (including labour welfare laws especially) activities such as service matters, agreements, contracts etc., Establishment & General Administration and Hostel Administration, of which at least 5 years in a Supervisory/ Superintendent capacity in the PB-2 of Rs.9300-34800 with Grade Pay of Rs.4600/- or equivalent in a Government, Semi. Government, Financial/ Commercial organization, reputed recognized University/ Technological Institution of national standing etc. Computer literacy and ability to work independently will be preferred.Job Description (a) Over all responsibility/ supervision & monitoring of the Section/ Unit concerned, (b) Implementation and follow-up action on the policy matters of the Institute and (c) As may be assigned by the authorities of the Institute from time to time.
- Essential (i) Should have a Master’s Degree, or Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks (ii) A retired/ released/ in service Commissioned Officer of Army/ Navy/ Air Force, OR Officer in the rank of Inspector from Central Police Organizations like BSF/ CRPF/ ITBP/ CISF/ CIB/ CBI, who joined as Sub-Inspector, or any directly recruited Police Officer in the rank of Sub–Inspector who is working with the Police Force for a Minimum of 8 years in the investigation cadre. OR A Dy. Superintendent of Police/ Assistant Commandant of Police, OR a Competent Officer from above organizations who has served at least 5 years in the PB-2 (Rs.9300-34800) with GP of Rs.4600/-, or above. Desirable (i) Persons with familiarity with computers, experience in educational or large organizations and with good interpersonal skills will be preferred. (ii) Having a pleasant personality and proven experience in dealing with staff, workers or public unrest and experience in dealing with civic administration would be an asset. (iii) The incumbents having practical knowledge of law and/ or liaisoning with police authorities will be preferred. Job Description (a) Over all responsibility/ supervision & monitoring of the Security Unit, (b) Implementation and follow-up action on the policy matters of the Institute security, (c) As may be assigned by the authorities of the Institute from time to time, (d) Liaisoning with the Institute & Police authorities/ Civil Administration, (e) To handle the outsourced Security Agency and (f) To assist the Institute Authorities in maintaining law & order on the campus.
- Essential M. Phil in Clinical Psychology with 1st class, along with 2 years of relevant experience OR MA in Clinical Psychology with 1st class, along with 3 years of relevant experience. Relevant experience is defined as counseling experience for group counseling as well as individual counseling in an educational institution or in a mental health-care clinic. Desirable (a) Have training in Counseling technique, and/ or any therapeutic module. (b) Experience in counseling students of highly competitive residential Institutes of higher learning. (c) Administrative experience in managing relevant Counseling service set-ups.Job Description Upon joining the Institute, the Counselor will be required to perform counseling duties as assigned by the Head, Counseling service or under the orders of any competent authority of the Institute. The Counselor is expected to perform duties five days a week. However, it is expected that the Counselor will attend to exigencies at all hours.
- Essential 1. A Masters degree with 55% marks and above. 2. Minimum of 5 years relevant experience of supervisory post in Grade Pay of Rs.4200/- or equivalent in Govt. Dept./ autonomous body/ Private Sector Organization of repute in one or more. 3. Should have computer literacy and experience of working in a computer environment. Desirable Relevant experience should have in the following areas: Accounting, Auditing, Financial procedures, Legal matters, Administrative matters including Establishment, Academic related matters, maintenance of student records, Estate Management, Materials Management, Import procedure, Hospitality and Hostel Management etc. Job Description To handle the Estate Management/ Purchase & Import/ Accounts & Audit/ Hospitality/ Academic/ Recruitment/ Legal and Establishment matters etc. independently.
- Essential B.Sc. with Chemistry or Agriculture and one year diploma in hygiene and sanitation recognized by the Government. The minimum five years relevant experience in a reputed Institute in the Pay Band-1 with Grade Pay of Rs.2800/-. Job Description The cleaning, sweeping, housekeeping and other related works are entrusted to the sanitation unit under IWD which comprises of day to day cleaning of academic and non-academic buildings, public utilities, hostels, roads & pathway etc. The sanitation Unit does the solid waste, green waste and hazardous waste collection and its proper disposal. The sanitation works are got executed 365 days a year through the several contractors, to supervise the same from Institute side.
- Essential M.Sc. in appropriate field/ B.Tech. /B.E. or B.Sc. in appropriate field with 02 years relevant experience, OR Diploma in Engineering in appropriate field from respective State Board with 03 years relevant experience, OR ITI with 05 years relevant experience in the Pay Band-1 with Grade Pay of Rs.2800/- or Rs.2400/-. Knowledge of computer applications.Desirable Experience in the running and maintenance of flow systems, such as high-pressure compressor, high-speed flow devices, making and fixing of models capable of taking high impact loads, fabrication of pressure probes with tiny pressure taps, hydraulic testing of high-pressure chambers and pipe lines, and conducting tests for lab experiments involving supersonic flows. Job Description 1. Knowledge to make pressure probes, nozzles for different Mach numbers, models for generation of high-speed free and impinging jets and their control. 2. Familiar with the operation and maintenance of high-pressure compressors, including pressure testing of vessels meant for storing high-pressure air. 3.Fabrication of facilities meant for flow visualization, including optical visualization. 4. Experience in running of high-speed experiments, involving transonic and supersonic speeds.
- Essential The same, as for the post at Sl. No.08 above. Desirable1. B.Tech. in Chemical/ Instrumentation/Mechanical/ Metallurgical Engineering in with relevant work experience in educational/ research institute OR Diploma holders in Mechanical/ Metallurgical/ Instrumentation Engineering and Press Tool and Die Design OR ITI with 5 years relevant experience in PB-1 with Grade Pay of Rs.2400/- or 2800/-. 2. The candidate must have hands on experience in the area of Materials Processing (Power Metallurgy and Heat Treatment)/ Materials Characterization (microscopy and XRD). The candidate should also be familiar with metrology related activities; Auto-CAD designing software; and machining processes. Job Description The selected candidate is expected to manage, operate and maintain the material characterization equipments housed in ACMS Labs, such as Electrical characterization Lab, Electron Microscopy Lab, Mechanical Testing Lab, XRD Lab etc.
- Essential The same, as for the post at Sl. No.08 above. Desirable1. B.Sc. in Physics, (expertise in optics)/ B.Tech., (expertise in optoelectronics)/ Diploma in optoelectronics or EE with 3 years experience in the relevant area. 2. M.Sc. in Physics, (expertise in optics)/ M.Tech. in optoelectronics.Job Description 1. Setting up of photonics based experiments in the M.Tech teaching laboratory of CELP/ PSEP. 2. Handing of Gas and Solid State Lasers 3. Maintenance of optical spectroscopic facilities.
- Essential The same, as for the post at Sl. No.08 above.DesirableThe candidate should have experience of working on a variety of machine tools to perform different tasks including turning, milling, drilling, grinding and fitting in a machine shop. The candidate should have at least twelve years of experience of fabricating laboratory scale chemical engineering equipment and accessories such as chemical reactors, nozzles, separators, distributors and spargers. Job Description To lead the team of staff assigned for the smooth operation of departmental workshop facilities, and plan for the procurement of new machines and instruments to carry out the projects assigned by faculty.
- Essential The same, as for the post at Sl. No.08 above. Desirable B.Tech./B.E./MCA/M.Sc. with minimum 3 years of real time experience in the web based applications/ software development for academic institution. Excellent Programming skill in Java, JSP, Servlets, Struts, Oracle SQL, PL/ SQL, ORACLE forms, Reports. Good understanding and experience in the field of ORACLE Database Administration, LINUX, UNIX, Windows System Administration & Web Server Administration.Job Description Application/ Software design, development, implementation, maintenance & support. System administration, web server administration, database administration, software installation/ upgrade and support.
- Essential The same, as for the post at Sl. No.08 above. Desirable For STs: Relevant working experience in machine shop on variety of machine tools/ CNC machines/ metrology. For OBC-PHs: Experience with nuclear radiation detectors.Job Description For STs: Operation and maintenance of traditional Lathe, Milling etc. and CNC machines. Knowledge in Unconventional Machining operation, basic knowledge of computer skill.For OBC-PHs: Knowledge of basic instruments Oscilloscope, Digital Multimeter etc. Knowledge of various radiations detectors.
- Essential B.Sc. in appropriate field, OR BCA, OR Diploma in Engineering in appropriate field from respective State Board OR ITI with 03 years experience. Knowledge of computer applications. Desirable 1. Diploma in Engineering in appropriate field from respective state board OR ITI in Electronics/ Electrical/ Chemistry/ Metallurgy/ Mechanical/ Instrumentation with 3 years experience in educational/ research institute/ industry. 2. The candidate must have hands on experience with the chemical analysis techniques including mass-spectrometry techniques; metal forming, joining, sheet metal working or casting.Job Description The select candidate will assist in the operation and maintenance of various facilities in ACMS, such as XRF, IRMS, Live Cell imaging Unit, Sample Preparation Facility etc.
- Essential The same, as for the post at Sl. No.14 above. Desirable(i) Diploma in Civil Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Electronics Engineering/ B.Sc. with PCM with 02 years experience Laboratory/ field and/ or maintenance of Electrical/ Electronic equipment. (ii) ITI in surveying + 03 years experience in field surveys/laboratories. Job Description Handling, maintenance and management of laboratory equipments; helping students during laboratory classes; maintenance of files, stock registers etc.; helping in developing new test setups; preparation of purchase orders.
- Essential The same, as for the post at Sl. No.14 above. Desirable 1. Experience in handling of electrical and electronic equipment such as stabilizers, power supplies, digital multimeter, oscilloscopes and UPS (batteries replacement and small maintenance) etc. 2. Experience with optical components such as Mirrors, Lenses, Objectives, Beam Splitter windows, etc. (cleaning, mounting etc.) 3. Experience in handling of accessories of interferometry and holography experiments. Job Description 1. Handling of voltage stabilizers, motors, UPS, power suppliers, digital multimeter, oscilloscopes, etc. 2. Handling of lasers, mirrors, lenses, beam splitters, gratings, prisms, holographic set up, etc.
- Essential The same, as for the post at Sl. No.14 above.Desirable The candidate should have at least two years of experience working in a machine shop or chemical engineering laboratories or chemical plants.Job Description Routine maintenance and operation of UG/ PG laboratory equipments; assisting students in the experiments; procurement of laboratory equipment.
Application Fee : (a) The applicants can pay following application fee through the options of net banking and debit/ credit cards. The bank charges will be inclusive of ‘transaction charge + Service tax’.
- Group-A posts at Sl. Nos.1 to 5 :- Rs.500/-
- Group-B & C posts at Sl. Nos.6 to 17 :- Rs.250/-
SC/ ST and person with disabilities are not required to submit the application fees.
How to Apply :
Interested & Eligible Candidates May Apply Online Through http://www.iitk.ac.in No Others Mean & Mode Of Accepting Application Online Application Will Accepted from 10:00 am on 05.11.2014 to 01.12.2014 up to 05:00 pm.
Send Hard Copy : The print out of completed application along with all relevant supporting documents duly self attested and must reach the Institute on or before December 11, 2014 through Speed Post or Registered Post except in those cases who are already working in the Institute.
The envelope, containing complete application, should be super-scribed as “Application for the post of ………………Address for correspondence: The Assistant Registrar, Recruitment Section, Room No. 224, 2nd Floor (Faculty Building), IIT KANPUR – 208 016 (U.P.) INDIA
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 01 Dec 2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IIT Kanpur|
02-03-2017 , 03-03-2017