Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Mandi) invites application for the recruitment of Junior Research Fellow & More Vacancies with M.Sc/ M.Tech holders
Company name :Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Mandi)
Posts :Junior Research Fellow & More Vacancies
Qualification : M.Sc/ M.Tech
Salary : Rs. 12,000-22,000/- p.m
No of Post : 03
Last date to apply : 18-12-2014.
Details of Post :
Junior Research Fellow & More Vacancies
Applications are invited for one JRF/SRF/RA for the CSIR funded research scheme (sanction no. 03(1325)/14/EMR-II). The details are as follows:
Title of the research scheme: Carrier Multiplication in Electronically Coupled Semiconductor Nanocrystals and Harvesting Short description of the research scheme: Carrier multiplication (CM) is a process, where the several electron – hole (e-h) pairs are generated as a result of the absorption of a single photon. This phenomenon could be useful to enhance the efficiency of solar photovoltaics (PV). In this project, the study of CM in lead chalcogenide QDs electronically coupled to ZnO nanoparticles and the harvesting of charges by ZnO will be undertaken using optical techniques, especially transient absorption (TA) spectroscopy. Moreover, the effect of the size and shape of the QDs and ZnO nanoparticles (NPs) on carrier relaxation processes and hence CM efficiency and carrier harvesting will be investigated. Principle Investigator (PI) : Dr. Suman Kalyan Pal Assistant Professor, School of Basic Sciences IIT Mandi, Mandi -175 001 (H.P.), email@example.com
- Funding Agency : Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), Govt. of India.
- Duration : 36 Months
- Fellowship : JRF @ Rs. 12,000/- p.m. plus HRA/MA SRF @ Rs. 14,000/- p.m. plus HRA/MA RA @ Rs. 22,000/- p.m. plus HRA/MA Minimum Qualification: JRF-Possesing M. Sc. or equivalent degree with 55% marks in Physics or Chemistry (Specialization Physical Chemistry) or relevant subjects and passing of NET(JRF/LS)/GATE test.
- SRF-Possesing (i) M. Sc. or equivalent degree in Physics or Chemistry (Specialization Physical Chemistry) or relevant subjects and at least 2 years of post M. Sc. research/teaching experience as evidenced from published papers in standard refereed journals, (ii) M. Tech or equivalent degree in Material or NanoSciences or Laser or relevant subjects. RA-Possessing doctorate (PhD) or equivalent in Physics or Chemistry (Specialization Physical Chemistry) or relevant subjects Or having three years of research, teaching and design and development experience after M. Tech or equivalent degree in Material or NanoSciences or Laser or relevant subjects.
- Age Limit: The upper age limit for JRF, SRF and RA shall be 28, 32 and 35 years, respectively Age relaxation: upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 years for SC/ST/OBC/Women and Physically handicapped candidates
- Desirable : Knowledge of (chemical) synthesis, characterization and optical property measurements for nanomaterials and QDs. JRF/SRF may get PhD admission in fulfilling admission criteria of IIT Mandi.
How to apply:
Interested and eligible candidates may apply with an updated bio-data in the given format (in DOC or PDF) with the file name “CSIR_first name_last name” and email to the PI. The candidate should clearly mention details about NET/GATE qualification (Year, JRF/LS, rank etc.), if have, in the bio-data. For further information, contact to PI: firstname.lastname@example.org, 09459528125 Deadline for Application: 18-12-2014.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 18-12-2014.
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IIT Mandi|