Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT Roorkee) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Post Doctoral Fellow through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT Roorkee)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Post Doctoral Fellow on or before 30/09/2015. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT Roorkee)
Vacancy Name :Post Doctoral Fellow
Educational Qualification : M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : Rs.50,000-55,000/-pm
Job Location : Roorkee
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 30/09/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT Roorkee), Roorkee
Detail Of Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT Roorkee) Post Doctoral Fellow Recruitment:
The Centre for Transportation Systems (CTRANS) at the Indian Institute of Technology (lIT) Roorkee invites applications from outstanding and enthusiastic researchers for one position of Post-Doctoral Fellow (PDF) under the joint mentorship of Dr. B. R. Gurjar (Professor) and Dr. Vikas Pruthi (Professor) broadly covering an interdisciplinary area of “Biofuels and Vehicular Air pollution Control Engineering 1 Technology” and specially focused on “Protocol 3rd optimization for enhanced production of high rate generation biofuel from microalgae through genetic engineering”. The prospective candidate is expected to have a strong background in the area of respective study. Candidate should have adequate experience of working on cutting edge research in the above-stated field of study and should have relevant publications in peer reviewed journals. The candidate should be fully conversant with laboratory experiments and handling of advanced instruments related to the research topic. The candidate should also have experience in production of microalgae based 3rd generation biofuels. The review of applications will start on 16 September 2015 and continue until the position is filled. The Centre intends to fill the said position by September 30,2015.
- Minimum Qualification and Experience: The prospective candidate should have following qualification with mInImUm 3 research publications related to the above-mentioned area of study in reputed peer-reviewed journals (preferably in SCI indexed journals): Ph.D in Botany 1 Microbiology 1Biotechnology with experience in handling different species of microalgae. Candidate should also have First Class in the degree preceding to Ph.D. and laboratory 1 field based practical experience in handling relevant instruments 1 equipments closely related to the above-stated topic of study.
- Duration and Fellowship amount: The duration ofthe fellowship will be of two years if the progress of postdoctoral fellow is found satisfactory, which will be regularly assessed by the mentors. There is also a possibility to extend the fellowship for third year if such a necessity is felt by the mentor(s). The candidate is expected to join the Centre as soon as offer letter has been released. The postdoctoral fellow will receive a consolidated pay as given in following table:
- Salary : Rs.50,000-55,000/-pm
Selection Procedure For Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT Roorkee) – Post Doctoral Fellow Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 30/09/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Post Doctoral Fellow Vacancy in Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT Roorkee):
Candidates can apply with cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of publications (with the most significant publications highlighted), research statement describing past research and plans for future research by both regular mail and e-mail.to: Professor and Head Centre for Transportation Systems (CTRANS)
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee Roorkee – 247667 INDIA Email: [email protected]@[email protected] Phone:+9l-1332-285881,285100 (i) All the Post-Doctoral Fellows (PDFs) will be registered as lIT Roorkee students for availing the facilities of accommodation, hospital, medical insurance scheme, computer centre, library and sports etc. They will also be governed by the leave rules as applicable to the post graduate students. (ii) The candidates called for presentation/discussion/interview will be paid II-AC train fare from their place of residence/work to Roorkee and back by the shortest route within India.
Important Dates To Remember:
Last Date to Apply for this job 30/09/2015
28-02-2017 , 01-03-2017