Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM Pune) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Research Associates, Research Fellows through recruitment notification – Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM Pune) Recruitment 2015 – ADVERTISEMENT NO. PER/04/2015. Candidates who have completed M.Sc, M.tech, MS, MBBS can apply for the new recruitment notification from Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM Pune)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Research Associates, Research Fellows Job on or before 31/5/2015 Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM Pune)|
|Vacancy Name||Research Associates, Research Fellows|
|Educational Qualification||M.Sc, M.E/M.Tech, MS, M.B.B.S|
|Total No of Vacancy||20 Post|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||31/5/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||EARTH SCIENCE SYSTEM ORGANIZATION (ESSO) Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), Government of India INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TROPICAL METEOROLOGY Dr. Homi Bhabha Raod, Pashan, Pune-411008|
Detail of Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM Pune) Research Associates, Research Fellows Recruitment:
The Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune is an autonomous research organization under ESSO/MoES, fully devoted to cutting edge research in various aspects of weather and climate science. Applications are invited from young Doctorates/Post Graduates in Science for selection of Research Associates and Research Fellows at the Institute respectively.
- IITM Research Associates: 05 positions;
- Qualifications : Essential : A Doctorate degree from a recognized University in Meteorology, Atmospheric Sciences, Oceanography, Physics, Applied Physics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Geology or Geophysics with Meteorology as main subject. Well acquainted in computer programming, Linux etc. and having publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Desirable Qualifications: Demonstrated skill in weather and climate modeling/ observational techniques and data analysis etc. supported by peer reviewed publications.
- Age Limit:35 years as on 31.05.2015;
- Stipend: Rs. 36,000/-p.m. plus admissible HRA;
- Tenure:01 year
- IITM Research Fellows: 15 Fellowships;
- Qualifications: Essential: A M.Sc./M.S. in Meteorology, Oceanography, Atmospheric Sciences, Physics, Applied Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Geology or Geophysics with Meteorology as subject. The students with M.Tech. (Atmospheric Sciences) are also eligible to apply. Candidates appeared for final year of M.Sc./ M.S./ M.Tech. can apply for the post and should write their aggregate marks upto 3rd semester but their appointment is subject to having passed the M.Sc./M.S./ M.Tech. examination as evidence by mark sheets/provisional degree certificate. Selected candidates are required to complete Ph.D. under the guidance of research scientists of the Institute. Candidates should have studied Physics & Mathematics at Bachelors degree. For General and OBC Category: Minimum 60% aggregate marks in masters degree is essential. For SC/ST/Physically Handicapped Category: Minimum 55% aggregate marks in masters degree is essential.
- Desirable: Demonstrated computer programming Linux, Unix, Windows/Fortran/C etc.
- Age Limit: 28 years as on 31.05.2015;
- Stipend: Rs.25,000/- p.m. plus admissible HRA;
- Tenure : 04 years. The candidate should register for Ph.D. with any University.
Selection Procedure for Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM Pune)- Research Associates, Research Fellows Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 31/5/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Research Associates, Research Fellows Vacancy in Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM Pune):
- Selected candidates would be required to undergo an in-house training in Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, which is a qualifying test for registering for Ph.D.
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC, 10 years for physically handicapped and as per rule for ex-servicemen.
- Shortlisted candidates called for interview will be entitled for reimbursement of to and fro travelling allowance by the shortest route from the place where interview call letter has been sent. The reimbursement would be restricted to train fare of sleeper class or the actual whichever is less.
- Interviews for RA/RF would be held during the last week of June 2015.
- Aspiring candidates may submit their applications along with their CV online: http://www.tropmet.res.in/Careers by 31st May 2015.
Important dates to remember:
Last Date to Apply for this job 31/5/2015
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM Pune) Recruitment 2015 – ADVERTISEMENT NO. PER/04/2015.
09-12-2016 , 10-12-2016