Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM Pune) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Research Associates & More Vacancies through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Degree, M.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM Pune).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Research Associates & More Vacancies Job on or before 30th April 2016. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM Pune)
Vacancy Name : Research Associates & More Vacancies
Educational Qualification : Any Graduate, M.Sc
Total No of Vacancy : 23 Post
Salary :Rs.25,000-36,000/- Per Month
Job Location : Pune
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 30th April 2016
Address For The Job Vacancy : EARTH SYSTEM SCIENCE ORGANIZATION (ESSO) Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), Government of India INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TROPICAL METEOROLOGY Dr. Homi Bhabha Raod, Pashan, Pune-411008
Detail of Post :
The Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune, an autonomous research organization under ESSO/MoES, fully devoted to cutting edge research in various aspects of weather and climate science. The activities include training of post graduates and motivate them to take up research careers in atmospheric and oceanic sciences required to improve skill of weather and climate forecasts. The Institute has excellent infrastructural facilities such as High Performance Computers, observational facilities like RADARS, Radiometers, LIDAR etc., modern library, workshop and other scientific support. It has a strong link with various universities and national and international organizations. Major research areas at the institute are climate modelling, climate change projections, Climate variability and climate dynamics, extended range and seasonal forecasts, physics and dynamics of tropical clouds, clouds-aerosol interaction, air pollution monitoring, modelling and prediction, satellite and radar Meteorology and paleoclimatology. The institute has successfully implemented the ambitious project “System of Air Quality Forecasting and Research (SAFAR)” for the 3 Metropolitan cities to predict the air quality, which is now an operational service. The Institute is in the process of expanding the SAFAR activities to Ahmedabad region and initiated the development of “SYSTEM OF AIR QUALITY FORECASTING & RESEARCH” (SAFAR – Ahmedabad) for the air quality forecasting services. Applications are invited from young Doctorates/Post-Graduates for selection of Research Associates, Research Fellows and Junior Research Fellows under SAFAR Project at the Institute respectively.
- IITM Research Associates: 07 nos. a) Qualifications: Essential : A Doctorate degree from a recognized University in Meteorology/ Atmospheric Sciences/ Oceanography/ Physics/ Applied Physics/ Geology or Geophysics with Meteorology as main subject/ Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics/ Statistics/ or equivalent subjects. Well acquainted in computer programming, Linux etc. and having publications in peer reviewed journals. Desirable Qualifications: Demonstrated skill in weather and climate modeling/ observational techniques and data analysis etc. supported by peer reviewed publications. b)Age Limit:35 years as on 30.04.2016; c) Stipend: Rs. 36,000/-p.m. plus admissible HRA; d)Tenure: 01 year
- IITM Research Fellows: 12 nos. ; a) Qualifications: Essential: M.Sc./M.S. in Meteorology/Oceanography/ Atmospheric Sciences/Physics/ Applied Physics/ Geology or Geophysics with Meteorology as a main subject/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Applied Mathematics/ or equivalent subjects with NET/GATE/JEST/JAM qualified. The students with M.Tech. (Atmospheric Sciences) or equivalent subjects without NET/ GATE/ JEST/ JAM are also eligible to apply. Candidates appeared for final year of M.Sc. / M.S./ M.Tech. can apply for the post and should write their aggregate marks upto 3rd semester but their appointment is subject to having passed the M.Sc./M.S./ M.Tech. examination as evidence by mark sheets/provisional degree certificate. Selected candidates are required to complete Ph.D. under the guidance of research scientists of the Institute. Candidates should have studied Physics & Mathematics at Bachelors degree. Desirable: Demonstrated computer programming Linux, Unix, Windows/Fortran/C etc. b) Age Limit: 28 years as on 30.04.2016; c) Stipend: Rs.25,000/- p.m. plus admissible HRA; d) Tenure : 04 years. The candidate should register for Ph.D. with any University.
- Junior Research Fellow under SAFAR Project: 4 nos. a) Essential Qualifications: M.Sc. in Physics/Atmospheric Sciences/ Meteorology/ Geophysics/ Environmental Science/ Electronics/ or equivalent subjects from a recognized University/ Institution with NET/ GATE/ JAM/JEST passed. M.Tech. (Atmospheric Sciences) or equivalent subjects without NET/ GATE/ JEST/ JAM are also eligible to apply. Desirable Qualifications : 1) Modeling: Good knowledge of working in LINUX /UNIX system and Fortran programming skill along with WINDOWS. It is desirable if the candidate has hands on experience in WRF or WRF-Chem model. Such candidate will be given special preference. Scope of work: Requires helping in development and running the chemistry-transport air quality forecasting model and preparation of input data library. OR 2) Emissions: Good knowledge of computer usage in Windows and software packages. Knowledge of Geographic information system (GIS) software is desirable. Scope of the work: Development of emission inventory of pollutants and GHGs and field survey. OR 3) Observations and Assimilation: Good knowledge of instrumentation, computer usage and software packages. Special preference to those who have experience in air pollution analysers and automatic weather stations. Scope of the work: To help establish observational network in field (Ahmedabad), assimilation of meteorological and air quality data on routine basis and analysis with field activity Other details: b)Age Limit: : 28 years as on 30.04.2016 c) Stipend: : Rs. 25,000/- plus HRA per month (performance based enhancement after 2 years) d)Tenure : Tenure: 2 years (extendable further for 2 years based on satisfactory performance). The candidate should register for Ph.D.
Selection Procedure :
- Candidates can apply on or before 30th April 2016.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply ? :
Selected candidates would be required to undergo an in-house training in Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, which is a qualifying test for registering for Ph.D. Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC, 10 years for physically handicapped and as per rule for ex-servicemen. Shortlisted candidates called for interview will be entitled for reimbursement of to and fro travelling allowance by the shortest route from the place where interview call letter has been sent. The reimbursement would be restricted to train fare of sleeper class or the actual whichever is less. Interviews for RA/RF would be held during the last week of June 2016. Aspiring candidates may submit their applications along with their CV online: http://www.tropmet.res.in/Careers by 30th April 2016. Hard copy of the application will not be accepted.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 30th April 2016
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM Pune) Recruitment 2016 – ADVERTISEMENT NO. PER/02/2016.