Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER Thiruvananthapuram) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Assistant Professor through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed M Phil / Phd can apply for the new recruitment notification from Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER Thiruvananthapuram)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Assistant Professor on or before 15/01/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER Thiruvananthapuram)|
|Vacancy Name||Assistant Professor|
|Total No of Vacancy||02 Posts|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||31/03/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER Thiruvananthapuram), School of Physics, IISER Thiruvananthapuram CET Campus, Engineering College P.O Thiruvananthapuram – 695016, Kerala|
Detail of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER Thiruvananthapuram) Assistant Professor Recruitment:
Applications from eligible Indian Nationals with outstanding academic achievements, ability to establish a vibrant research programme, and with a passion for teaching, are invited in any areas of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
Assistant Professor ( on contract):
Assistant Professors on contract are not part of regular faculty cadre. Appointment at this level will be made on contract basis to enable bright young PhDs to teach and earn experience. They will be placed in Pay Band PB-3 of Rs 15600-39100 with Academic Grade Pay (AGP) of Rs 6000/- pm with seven non-compounded advance increments. After one year of post of PhD experience, these Assistant Professors on contract basis shall be placed in the AGP of Rs 7000/- pm. However for the next position they have to apply afresh with respect to open advertisement.
Assistant Professor (Regular):
Will be appointed in PB-3 (15600-39100) with AGP of Rs 8000/- pm. For direct recruits minimum pay in the pay band to be fixed at Rs 30000/-. Qualification & Experience: PhD with a very good academic record throughout and at least three years industrial/research/teaching experience, excluding however, the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.
- Age: Preferably below 35 years for contract and 40 years for regular.
- All applications will be acknowledged by email. If an acknowledgment is not received in one week, an email may be sent to the Registrar. Further communication will be sent only to candidates who are shortlisted.
- A committee will shortlist the candidates for interview. Shortlisted candidates will be required to give a seminar/presentation prior to the interview.
- Candidates giving seminar / appearing for interview will be paid travelling expenses, from stations / port of disembarkation within India, as per the Institute norms.
- Merely fulfilling the requirements laid down in the advertisement will not automatically entitle any candidate to be called for interview.
- The appointed faculty will be on probation for one year (Applicable for regular positions only)
- In addition to the pay and allowances benefits like leave, Leave Travel Concession, Medical Reimbursement etc will be available as admissible to Central Government employees.
- The other service conditions will be as contained under the NITSER Act/IISER Statutes, amended from time to time.
- Person appointed will be covered under the New Pension Scheme as notified by the Government of India.
- Other Incentives: (Applicable for Regular position) Reimbursement of travel and relocation expenses not exceeding Rs. 1.25 Lakhs for New Faculty joining from abroad and Rs. 75,000 for those joining from places within India. A start- up research grant based on the projections made by the New Faculty for carrying out research programmes.
- CPDA: (Applicable for Regular positions) Cumulative Professional Development Allowance of Rs. 3 Lakhs for every block of three years (Rs. 1 Lakh per year) on reimbursable basis to meet the expenses for participating in both national and international conferences, paying the membership fee for various professional bodies and contingent expenses.
- Elevation to PB-4: (Applicable for Regular positions) On completion of three years, Assistant Professors (Regular) will be moved to PB-4 37400-67000 with an AGP 9000 and will however continue to be designated as Assistant Professors only, after a due evaluation. The Institute will shortlist the eligible candidates. No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained in the matter. The decision of the Institute in all matters shall be final.
Selection Procedure for Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER Thiruvananthapuram) – Assistant Professor Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 31/03/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How to apply for Assistant Professor Vacancy in Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER Thiruvananthapuram):
The completed application form along with curriculum vitae, list of publications (with pdf versions of not more than 10 important published papers), a brief write-up on proposed research programme and perspectives on teaching, and names and addresses of at least four referees (with e-mail id, telephone and fax numbers) may be sent by email to [email protected] on or before 31st March 2015.The subject line of the e-mail should clearly mention the school(s) to which the candidate is applying. Persons working under the Central Govt./State Govt./Public Sector Undertakings/Central Autonomous Bodies should submit their applications through proper channel. They may, however, send an advance copy of the application. Those who are unable to forward their application through proper channel may produce an NOC at the time of interview.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 31/03/2015
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IISER Thiruvananthapuram|
|Other Teaching/Research jobs|
24-02-2017 , 25-02-2017