Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER Thiruvananthapuram) invites application for the recruitment of Junior Research Fellow with MSc degree holders
Company name : Indian Institute of Science Educationand Research (IISER Thiruvananthapuram)
Posts : Junior Research Fellow
Qualification : MSc
Salary : Rs. 16,000 – 18,000/- p.m
No of Openings : 01
Location : Thiruvananthapuram
Last date to apply : 25/10/2014
Details of Post :
Junior Research Fellow:
Applications are invited for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) under a project funded by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), DST, Government of India.
- Post Title: Junior Research Fellow
- Project Title: Nanoscale Schottky junctions for sub ppm hydrogen detection.
- Project Description: Electron beam lithography fabrication and electrical transport characterization of Pd/Si nanoscale Schottky Junction diodes for hydrogen detection applications.
- No. of position(s): 1
- Eligibility: Indian nationals with MSc in Physics/ Materials Science with 55% marks and qualified in a National Level Examination (e.g. CSIR-UGC NET or GATE or JEST or equivalent). (Applicants with previous research experience and/or published research work will be given preference.)
- Age: The upper age limit shall be 28 years on the day of application. A relaxation of 5 years is applicable to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC and women candidates
- Salary: Rs 16000/-pm + HRA for first two years & Rs.18000/- pm + HRA for third year.
- Duration: One year (extendable upto Two more years, on review of performance)
- Application Deadline: 25 October, 2014.
Note: Mere fulfilment of qualifications/experience requirements does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for telephonic and/or personal interview. The selected candidate will be intimated by post/email. No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates regarding reasons for not being called for interview, conduct and result of interview. No TA/DA is permissible for attending the interview.
How to Apply:
- Please send the following via e-mail as a single PDF file to [email protected] with the subject “JRF Application”
- Completed applications in the format provided with this advertisement.
- A short research statement (maximum 1 A4 page) of how the applicant’s qualifications/experience suit the requirements of the project.
- Arrange for 2 letters of recommendation to be sent directly to [email protected] with the subject “Application for SERB JRF – Candidate name”.
- Informal inquires may be directed to Joy Mitra, e-mail: [email protected], Phone: +914712598408
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 25.10.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IISER Thiruvananthapuram|