Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Delhi) invites application for the recruitment of Project Scientist with M. Tech holders
Company name : Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Delhi)
Posts : Project Scientist
Qualification : M. Tech
Salary : Rs.32,000-51,200/- P.M.
No of Post : 02
Location : Delhi
Last date to apply : 30.09.2014
Details of Post :
Applications from Indian nationals are invited for Project Appointment under the following project. Appointment shall be on contractual basis with consolidated pay, renewable yearly or upto the duration of the project, whichever is earlier.
Post (s) : Project Scientist
- Title of the Project : Development of Self-Lubricated Bush Bearings with Polymeric Nano-Composites (RP02925) Project is based on development of novel polymeric composites, nano-composites and surface designed composites followed by development and tribo-evaluation of bush bearings which will work without external lubricants such as oil. These dry bearing materials will be based on high performance polymers, fibers, solid lubricants, nano-fillers etc. Project work involves formulation of polymer composites (both fiber and fabric reinforced along with surface designing) followed by processing by injection and compression molding; characterization (Physical, mechanical, microscopic and Tribological). Dry bearings will be evaluated on the available facility in the Centre and finally in the industry. The specialty polymers such as PEEK, PEK, PEI, PI etc. along with fibers/nano-fibers of graphite and solid lubricants (micro & nano sized such as PRFE, MoS2, WS2, hBN etc.) will be explored. The Project will lead to publications as well as patents. The project staff is expected to register for Ph D & will have to go through interview process for selection. The candidates are likely to get jobs related to bearing Industry in future. There is a possibility of collaboration with European country and visit during the project for conducting some work if we get good results in IIT lab.
- Funding Agency : Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), D.S.T.
- Name of the Project Investigator : Prof. Jayashree Bijwe
- Deptt./Centre : Industrial Tribology Machine Dynamic And Maintenance Engineering Centre (ITMMEC)
- Duration of the project Upto : 12.08.2017
- Consolidated Pay : Rs.32,000-35,200-38,400- 41,600-44,800-48,000-51,200/- p.m. plus HRA @ 20%
- Qualifications : 1st class M. Tech. or equivalent in the following disciplines: 1. Polymer Science / Technology from reputed Institute.
- Desirable: Knowledge of Polymer nano composites, Tribology of Polymers & composites & processing. Or 2. 1st class M. Tech. in Mech. Engg. / Chemical Engg. or equivalent with following additional expertise. Desirable: Knowledge of polymers, composites, Tribology, bearings design etc.
Note: Both positions could be filled with any one or each one of the qualifications.
IIT Delhi reserves the right to fix higher criteria for short-listing of eligible candidates from those satisfying advertised qualification and requirement of the project post and their name will be displayed on web link (http://ird.iitd.ac.in/shortlisted) alongwith the interview details. Only short-listed candidates will be informed. In case any clarification is required on eligibility regarding the above post, the candidate may contact Prof. Jayashree Bijwe at her e-mail id: [email protected]
5% relaxation of marks may be to the SC/ST Candidates. In case of selection of a retired/superannuated government employee, his/her salary will be fixed as per prevailing IRD norms.
How to apply :
The last date for submitting the completed applications by e-mail is 30/09/2014 by 5.00 p.m. The shortlisted candidates who are called for interview should bring original certificates (both professional and academic) with a recent passport size photograph at the time of interview.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 30.09.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IIT Delhi||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
25-02-2017 , 26-02-2017