Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Gandhinagar) invites application for the recruitment of Junior Research Fellow with B.E/ B.Tech/ M.Tech/ M.E holders
Company name :Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Gandhinagar)
Posts :Junior Research Fellow
Qualification : B.E/ B.Tech/ M.Tech/ M.E
Salary : Rs.20,280/-pm
No of Post : 01
Last date to apply : 25 November 2014
Details of Post :
Junior Research Fellow:
I am seeking a highly motivated candidate for a project- River Basin scale Hydrological investigation & characterization using Variable Infiltration capacity (VIC) Model funded by the National Remote Sensing Center (NRSC), Hyderabad. The main aim of the project will be to setup a hydrologic modeling framework at a high resolution for real-time flood monitoring. The project has following objectives:
- To setup, calibrate & validate 3min grid level VIC Model for Godavari river basin
- To investigate and characterize basin level hydrological response considering changing land use/ land cover, wetland/ rice regions, varying crop phenology using VIC Model
- To quantify stream flow incorporating reservoir storage intervention
- To provide short-term flood forecast and develop high runoff/ flood risk simulation modeling using sub-daily weather forecast data in near-real time
- Preferred applicants will have B.Tech/M.Tech in Civil Engineering or closely related field with an emphasis on research areas related to hydrology, water management, climate change, and application of remote sensing in water resources. Applicants should have strong programing background (MATLAB and C), good skills and remote sensing and GIS with knowledge to use ENVI/ ERDAS softwares. Successful candidates are expected to have strong communication (both oral and written) skills.
- The initial appointment will be for one year, which may be extended based on performance. The selected candidate will receive a consolidated salary of 20,280 INR/month. The responsibilities of the selected candidate will include conducting research, attending conferences/ seminars, and publishing in scientific peer-reviewed journals. The selected candidate will have an opportunity to actively collaborate with scientist at NRSC.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their CV to Vimal Mishra, Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering ([email protected]) before November 25, 2014. Shortlisted candidates will be informed and called for interview which will be held at IIT Gandhinagar.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last date to apply: 25.11.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IIT Gandhinagar|
18-01-2017 , 19-01-2017