Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Gandhinagar) invites application for the recruitment of Senior Research Fellow with B.E/ B.Tech/ M.Tech/ M.E holders
Company name :Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Gandhinagar)
Posts :Senior Research Fellow
Qualification : B.E/ B.Tech/ M.Tech/ M.E
Salary : Rs.18,000 – Rs.22,000/-pm
No of Post : 01
Last date to apply : 25 November 2014
Details of Post :
Senior Research Fellow:
I am seeking a highly motivated candidate for a project- Hydrologic Modeling and Climate Change Impact Assessment in the Ganga River Basin funded by the Ministry of Environment and Forest (MoEF), Government of India. The main aim of the project will be to setup a hydrologic modeling framework and understanding climate variability and climate change impacts on water resources in the Ganga River basin. The project has the following objectives:
- To develop a hydrologic modeling framework using the Variable Infiltration Capacity (VIC) and Soil Water Assessment Tool (SWAT) models for the Ganga River basin
- To develop climate forcing (precipitation, maximum and minimum temperatures) for the Ganga River basin for observed and projected future climate
- To simulate mean and extreme flow conditions due to impacts of historic climate variability and the projected climate change at the selected locations within the basin.
- Preferred applicants will have B.Tech/M.Tech in Civil Engineering or closely related field with an emphasis on research areas related to hydrology, water management, climate change, and application of remote sensing in water resources. Applicants should have strong programing background (MATLAB and C), good skills and remote sensing and GIS with knowledge to use ENVI/ ERDAS softwares. Successful candidates are expected to have strong communication (both oral and written) skills.
- The initial appointment will be for one year, which may be extended based on performance. The selected candidate will receive a salary of 18000+HRA (Rs.22000INR). The responsibilities of the selected candidate will include conducting research, attending conferences/ seminars, and publishing in scientific peer-reviewed journals.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their CV to Vimal Mishra, Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering ([email protected]) before November 25, 2014. Shortlisted candidates will be informed and called for interview which will be held at IIT Gandhinagar. The selected candidate will collaborate with other students/members working in the same project at IIT Kanpur.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last date to apply: 25.11.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IIT Gandhinagar|
20-01-2017 , 21-01-2017