Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Indore) invites application for the recruitment of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor with M.Sc and Ph.D educational background
Company name : Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Indore)
Posts : Assistant Professor, Associate Professor
Qualification : M.Sc and Ph.D
Salary : Rs.15600 – Rs.67000/-pm
No of Openings : 02
Location : Indore
Last date to apply : 25.09.2014
Details of Post :
Assistant Professor, Associate Professor :
IIT Indore invites applications from outstanding, highly-motivated Indian nationals (and those of Indian origin / holding PIO cards) for faculty positions at the levels of Assistant Professor and Associate Professor for the School of Basic Sciences in the Discipline of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Qualifications: Ph.D. with a first class or equivalent, in terms of grades, etc., at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout. Candidates must have demonstrated research capability through refereed publications and should be willing to teach a broad spectrum of undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- Assistant Professor: A minimum of three years of post-Ph.D. research, teaching or industrial experience with proven record of research excellence through publications and/or patents.
- Associate Professor: A minimum of six years of teaching, research or industrial experience, of which at least three years experience should be at the level of Assistant Professor / Senior Scientific Officer or equivalent. The candidate should have adequate experience of independent research in terms of guidance of M.Sc and Ph.D. students. The research work carried out by the candidate should be of high international repute.
- Pay structure:
- Assistant Professor: Minimum pay of Rs. 30,000/-in Pay Band-3 (Rs. 15,600 -39,100) with Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 8,000/-p.m. The total emoluments in the minimum of pay in pay band is Rs 86,800/-p.m. On completion of 3 years’ service as Assistant Professor, shall move to Pay Band-4 (Rs. 37,400 – 67,000) with Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 9,000/-p.m., total emoluments in the minimum of pay in pay band will be Rs 1,05,280/- p.m.
- Associate Professor: To be appointed in Pay Band-4 (Rs. 37,400 -67,000) with Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 9,500/-p.m. For direct recruits, minimum pay in Pay Band-4 will be fixed at Rs. 42,800/- p.m. Total emoluments in the minimum of pay in pay band will be Rs 1,18,260/- p.m. 2
General Instructions and Notes:
- Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview.
- The requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in case of candidates with outstanding credentials, as evidenced by excellent publication record,research experience, etc.
- The Institute reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without assigning any reason. Also, Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all the posts advertised.
- Applicants not found suitable for higher positions may be considered for lower positions in the same area of specialization.
- Separate application forms should be submitted for each post.
- No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates regarding conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview. The short-listed and selected candidates will be informed through email.
- Persons employed in Government/Semi-Government Organisations or Educational Institutions must apply through proper channel and produce a No Objection Certificate from their employer at the time of interview.
- Reservations at entry level will be applicable as per Government of India norms.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should apply on the prescribed application form which may be downloaded from the Institute website (http://www.iiti.ac.in/Careers/faculty_appointments.htm). Completed applications for various disciplines may be sent by e-mail to the Heads of respective Disciplines should reach them before 25th September 2014 at the following addresses: Physics: [email protected]: [email protected]: [email protected] send a copy of the application to [email protected]: PA to Dean of Faculty Affairs Tel.: +91 (0)731 2438718 E-mail: [email protected]Preferred areas of specialization (for positions of Associate Professor and Assistant Professor)
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 25.09.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IIT Indore||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
24-10-2016 , 25-10-2016