Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Indore) invites application for the recruitment of Assistant/Associate Professor with Ph.D/ Master Degree holders
Company name :Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Indore)
Posts :Assistant/Associate Professor
Qualification : Ph.D/ Master Degree
Salary : Rs. 15,600-67000/- p.m
No of Post : 02
Last date to apply : September 25, 2014.
Details of Post :
IIT Indore is a vibrant institute constantly evolving and developing as a centre of excellence. The institute has emphasized the importance of interdisciplinary collaborations and activities in all the three schools of Engineering, Basic Sciences and Humanities and Social Sciences. Humanities and Social Sciences both by virtue of its name and the varied specialities across disciplines offers exciting opportunities for collaborations. School of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Indore invites applications for the positions of:
Assistant Professor with specialization in the following areas:
- English: All areas of the discipline (preference will be given to English Language Teaching).
- Economics: All areas of the discipline.
- Sociology: All areas of the discipline.
- Philosophy: Logic and Philosophy of Science.
- Psychology: Cognition, Emotion, Health, Innovation, Interactive Technology, Occupation, Performance, Safety, System Design, Transport, Work, and Allied Areas.
Associate Professor in the following areas:
- English: Postcolonial Theory, Critical and Cultural Studies.
- Philosophy: Social and Political Philosophy.
Exceptional candidates in other areas can also be considered. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to the teaching of the undergraduate B.Tech. programme and the departmental Ph.D. programme including development of elective courses in his/her own area of expertise. Strong commitment to research will be expected and tangible contributions to his/her field should be demonstrated by the impact of scholarly publications/conferences and other academic activities. Keenness to enhance the strength of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences and the institute with innovative ideas will be a definite asset. The candidate will also mentor doctoral students within the School.For consideration, please email a cover letter, a complete application form (available on the website) http://www.iiti.ac.in/Careers/faculty_appointments.htm, a CV and a concise summary of research accomplishments and interests which should include a list of publications [email protected] The advertisement is open throughout the year; however, the deadline for the current round of application is September 25, 2014.
Qualifications: Ph.D. with a first class or equivalent in terms of grades etc. at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout. Candidates must have demonstrated research capability through refereed publications and should be willing to teach a broad spectrum of UG and PG courses.
Experience: Assistant Professor: A minimum of three years of post-Ph.D. research, teaching or industrial experience with proven record of research excellence through publications. Candidates having a Ph.D. with exceptional research credentials but not satisfying the three years post Ph.D. work experience requirement for direct recruitment as Assistant Professor may be put on tenure track as Assistant Professor on-contract
Associate Professor: A minimum of six years of teaching, research or industrial experience, of which at least three years’ experience should be at the level of Assistant Professor / Senior Scientific Officer. The candidate should have adequate experience of independent research in terms of guidance of M.Phil. and Ph.D. Students. The research work carried out by the candidate should be of high international repute.
- Assistant Professor (On-contract): Pay Band-3 (Rs. 15,600 -39,100) with seventeen non- compounded advance increments (minimum starting pay of Rs. 26,620/-) with Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 6,000/- p.m. The total emoluments in the minimum of pay in pay band is Rs 74,964/- p.m. After 1 year, shift to Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 7,000/-p.m. in Pay Band-3 with total emoluments in the minimum of pay in pay band being Rs 77,164/- p.m.
- Assistant Professor: Minimum pay of Rs. 30,000/-in Pay Band-3 (Rs. 15,600 -39,100) with Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 8,000/-p.m. The total emoluments in the minimum of pay in pay band is Rs 86,800/-p.m. On completion of 3 years’ service as Assistant Professor, shall move to Pay Band-4(Rs. 37,400 – 67,000) with Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 9,000/-p.m., total emoluments in the minimum of pay in pay band will be Rs 1,05,280/- p.m.
- Associate Professor: To be appointed in Pay Band-4 (Rs. 37,400 -67,000) with Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 9,500/-p.m. For direct recruits, minimum pay in Pay Band-4 will be fixed at Rs. 42,800/-p.m. Total emoluments in the minimum of pay in pay band will be Rs. 1,18,260/- p.m.
HOW TO APPLY :
- Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview.
- Applicants who do not fulfil the minimum experience requirements may be offered an appointment on contract.
- The requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials, as evidenced by excellent publication record, research experience, etc.
- The Institute reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without assigning any reason.
- Applicants not found suitable for higher positions may be considered for lower positions in the same area of specialization.
- Separate application forms should be submitted for each post.
- No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates regarding conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : September 25, 2014.
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IIT Indore||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
29-10-2016 , 30-10-2016