Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Junior Research Fellow through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed B.E/B.Tech/ M.E/ M.Tech/M.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Junior Research Fellow Job on or before 28/02/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur)|
|Vacancy Name||Junior Research Fellow|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Post|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||28/02/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Department of Electrical Engineering. IIT Kanpur-208 016|
Detail of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur) Junior Research Fellow Recruitment:
ONE research position is available for Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a project entitled “Paleo-seismic and Paleo-tsunami Investigations along South-Middle Andaman & Car Nicobar Islands towards Earthquake & Tsunami Hazard Assessment of A & N Islands” for a period of one year. The period may be extended based on performance and requirement. Project is sponsored by Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS), Hyderabad, Ministry of Earth Sciences.
- No of post : 01
- Salary: Rs. 16000/- (Consolidated Salary per month)
- Duration: March 2015 to February 2016 (Maximum One Year)
- Essential Qualification: B-Tech with GATE in Civil Engineering with Research Experience in related field/M. Tech/M.Sc. in Earth Sciences or Geophysics/Applied Geology.& Chemistry with NET/GATE
- Nature of Job: The project work will involve identification, mapping and dating of paleo-tsunami and paleo-earthquake signatures preserved in shallow subsurface and tectonically uplifted coastal terraces of South-Middle Andaman & Car Nicobar Islands to reconstruct the chronology of the historic/pre-historic tsunami events and to understand the recurrence of tsunamis/large magnitude earthquakes in the region through fieldwork and analysis of data obtained. Further Tsunami hazard assessment will be carried out using above generated information and tsunami modeling.
- Desirable: Candidate having knowledge in Mapping Tools/Remote Sensing/GIS along with experience in Geochemistry and OSL dating lab will be preferred.
Selection Procedure for Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur)- Junior Research Fellow Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 28/02/2015
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Junior Research Fellow Vacancy in Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur):
Send your Curriculum Vitae outlining complete bio-data, professional experience etc. to the undersigned on or before 28 Feb, 2014. Javed N. Malik Associate Professor & Principal Investigator Department of Civil Engineering IIT Kanpur, Kanpur- 208016 Tel: +91-512-2597723 (0); +91-512-2598534 (R); Fax: +91-512-2597395 (0) Email: [email protected]
Important dates to remeber:
Last Date to Apply for this job 28/02/2015
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IIT Kanpur|
|Other Teaching/Research jobs|
01-03-2017 , 02-03-2017