Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Assistant Professor & More Vacancies through recruitment notification Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur) Recruitment 2015 Advertisement No.DF-2/2014. Candidates who have completed Ph.D/ Master Degree can apply for the new recruitment notification from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Assistant Professor & More Vacancies job on or before 15/1/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur)
Vacancy Name: Assistant Professor & More Vacancies
Educational Qualification: M.Phil/P.hd/ Any Masters Degree
Total No of Vacancy: 04 Posts
Salary: Rs.15600-67000/- p.m
Job Location: Kanpur
Last Date to Apply for this job: 15/1/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy: Dean, Faculty Affairs, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur-208016, India. Tel: +91-512-2597414/6192 E-mail: [email protected]
Detail of IIT Kanpur Assistant Professor & More Vacancies Recruitment:
Applications are invited from Indian nationals, Persons of Indian Origins (PIOs) and Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) for the posts of Assistant Professors, Associate Professors and Professors in the Departments of Aerospace Engineering, Biological Sciences & Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Earth Sciences, Electrical Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Industrial and Management Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Mathematics and Statistics and Physics.
Several Departments also participate in the teaching and research activities of interdisciplinary post-graduate programs in the Institute in Photonics Sciences and Engineering & Centre for Laser and Photonics, Nuclear Engineering and Technology, Environmental Engineering & Management, Design Program and Materials Science Program. Appointments for these programs are made in the relevant departments among those listed above. Department specific areas of required specializations are available on http://www.iitk.ac/dofa/DF-2/2014
Minimum Qualification (for all faculty positions): Ph.D. with first class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch, with a very good academic record throughout (also see in Notes below). In addition, for:
- Professor: 10 years teaching/research/industrial experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor.
- Associate Professor: 6 years teaching/research/industrial experience of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent.
- Assistant Professor: For a fresh Ph.D. the position will be on contract basis for first three years, after the completion of which, it can be regularized. For those with three or more years of teaching/research/industrial experience, regular appointment can be made.
for all the above positions can be downloaded from http://www.iitk.ac/dofa/DF-2/2014, or filled (on-line), or can be obtained from Dean, Faculty Affairs, on request. Applications (hard copy or in electronic form) should be submitted to the Dean of Faculty Affairs, IIT Kanpur. The last date of receiving applications against the advertisement is January 15th, 2015. The details of pay scale admissible at the time of joining are as follows:
Post/ Academic Grade Pay/ Pay Band
- Professor -10500 – PB-4 (37400-67000)
- Associate Professor – 9500 – PB-4 (37400-67000)
- Assistant Professor – 8000 – PB-3 (15600-39100)
- Assistant Professor (on Contact Basis) – 7000 – PB-3 (15600-39100)
- Te pay carries all other allowances as admissible to a Central Government employee stationed at Kanpur.
- The fringe benefits, such as HRA, LTC, Medical re-imbursement, transportation allowance, education allowance for children, contribution towards New Pension Scheme (NPS), re-imbursement of Telephone bills, Book grants, Research initiation grant (up to `25 lakhs), Financial support towards National and International conferences etc. shall be permitted as per the Institute norms.
- The Institute will also provide an additional top-up salary of `25,000/- per month for the first three years of service to the newly joined faculty members. After three years of service, the faculty member(s) will be eligible for Young Faculty Fellowship (open for faculty of age upto 40 years) providing top-up salary of `10,000/- per month for three years, and/or Faculty Chair providing top-up salary of `15,000/- per month for three years. Both the positions are based on performance.
- The Institute provides housing on campus to all faculty members. The houses are equipped with free high speed internet. Further details are available at http://www.iitk.ac.in/dofa/benefits.html.
Selection Procedure for Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur Assistant Professor & More Vacancies Post:
Candidates can apply on or before 15/1/2015.
No detailed information about the selection procedure mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Assistant Professor & More Vacancies vacancy in Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur ) :
- Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview.
- Applicants who do not fulfill the minimum experience requirements may be offered an appointment on contract. The requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
- Institute specifically encourages those candidates belonging to reserved categories SC/ST/OBC as well as persons with disability to apply for these positions.
- Reservation at entry level will be applicable as per G.O.I. norms. The candidates belonging to the reserve category (SC/ST/OBC/PWD) are required to attach the Caste/Category Certificate in the format as prescribed by the Govt. of India. The Institute follows the Central list in the case of SC/ST and OBCs.
- The Institute reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without assigning any reason.
- Applicant not found suitable for higher positions may be considered for lower positions in the same area of specialization.
- All correspondence to be addressed to either to the Head of the concerned Department or to the Dean of Faculty Affairs. Contacts details of Heads of the Department are available in the Institute website http://www.iitk.ac.in as well as in http://www.iitk.ac/dofa/DF-2/2014. For any clarification, please contact Dean, Faculty Affairs, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur-208016, India. Tel: +91-512-2597414/6192 E-mail: [email protected]
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job: 15/1/2015
COMPANY NAME IIT Kanpur Recruitment 2015 Advertisement No.DF-2/2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IIT Kanpur|
|Other Teaching/Research jobs|
10-12-2016 , 11-12-2016