Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur) invites application for the recruitment of Registrar with Master’s Degree educational background
Company name :Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur)
Qualification : Master’s Degree
Salary : Rs. 37400-67000/- p.m
No of Post : 01
Last date to apply : 15 Sep 2014
Details of Post :
IIT Kanpur established in 1959, as an Institute of national importance, has been in the forefront of education and research in engineering and technology since inception. The Institute derives strength from its vision, philosophy and values that had led to pioneering role in establishing science based engineering curriculum and spearheading research in several advanced technology areas in this country. The Institute is in search of a suitable person, through ONLINE applications only, for appointment to the post of REGISTRAR (01- UR),who, besides statutory responsibilities, would be expected to participate in decision making processes at conceptual level. He/she should have initiative, drive and wide ranging experience in all aspects of academic administration, preferably in an Institute of higher learning, University, Research Organization or Government Department
- No of post : 01
- Essential Qualification: A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent.
- Desirable Qualification: (a) Proven ability in administration, preferably in a large educational or research institution, (b) Additional degree or diploma in Management or Law, (c) Adequate competence in digital processing, communication and network (e-governance) (d) Experience in dealing with large body of students, scholars and staff.
- Essential Experience: (i) 15 years of administrative experience, of which 8 years shall be as Deputy Registrar or an equivalent post in the Grade Pay of Rs.7600/- and above, or (ii) Comparable experience in research establishments and/or other institutions of higher education or research, or (iii) At least 15 years of experience as Assistant Professor in the AGP of Rs.7000/- and above, or 8 years of service as Associate/Assistant Professor in the AGP of Rs.8000/- or above with adequate experience in academic administration. Although the post is advertised as unreserved, but other things being equal, preference will be given to the candidates of reserved categories.
- Salary: Pay Band 4; Rs.37400-67000 with a Grade Pay of Rs.10000/-. In addition, a license fee free unfurnished accommodation on campus will be provided.
- Mode of Appointment: The appointment shall be on contract basis for a period of five years, renewable on mutually agreed terms, but may be converted to permanent position before the expiry of the contract in case of impressive/effective performance
- Age limit: 57 years (preferably below 55 years).
How to apply:
- Besides pay, the post carries allowances according to the Institute rules, which at present are at par with Central Government employees stationed at Kanpur.
- The SC/ST & OBC candidates are required to attach the Caste Certificate as per format prescribed by the Government of India.
- The Institute reserves the right to relax any of the qualifications/ experience in exceptional cases, or in the case of person already holding analogous positions in a University/ research institution, and to consider the names of suitable candidates who may not have applied for the post.
- Higher initial pay may be given to exceptionally qualified and deserving candidates.
- The Institute reserves its right to place a reasonable limit on the total number of candidates to be called for interview. Fulfillment of essential qualifications per-se does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview.
- The Institute reserves the right not to fill up the post and its decision in this regard shall be final.
- Persons serving in Government/ Semi-Government/ Public Sector Undertakings, should send their applications either through proper channel or should furnish a no objection certificate at the time of interview. They can, however, send an advance copy.
- The complete postal address of the present employer mentioning the name of the organization and whether the organization is a Govt./ Semi. Govt./ Autonomous/ Public Sector Undertakings/ Private Sector should be indicated in the Application Form.
- The applicants can pay the application fee of Rs.500/- through net banking option. The bank charges will be inclusive of ‘transaction charge + service tax’. The application fee will not be refunded or re-adjusted under any circumstances. SC/ST candidates and ‘Persons with Disabilities’ are not required to submit the application fee.
- Candidates called for interview will be paid AC-II Chair Car in Shatabdi Exp. (Rajdhani Exp. also) for to & fro rail fare by the shortest route.
- The candidates are required to apply ONLINE latest by August 31, 2014.
- For submission of application and further details, please visit Institute’s website: www.iitk.ac.in/infocell/recruitment.
- The print out of completed application along with all relevant supporting documents duly self attested must reach the Institute on or before 15.09.2014 through Speed Post or Registered Post except in those cases who are already working in the Institute.
- Incomplete application or without relevant supporting enclosures will be summarily rejected. Interim correspondence will not be entertained and replied to.
- In any matter of dispute or confusion, decision/interpretation of the Director, IIT Kanpur, will be final.
Address for correspondence: The Assistant Registrar, Recruitment Section, Room No.224, 2nd Floor (Faculty Building), IIT KANPUR – 208016 (U.P.) INDIA
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 15.09.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IIT Kanpur||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
28-10-2016 , 29-10-2016