Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kharagpur) invites application for the recruitment of Registrar with Master’s degree educational background
Company name : Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kharagpur)
Posts : Registrar
Qualification : Master’s degree
Salary : Rs.37400- 67000 /- p.m
No of Openings : 01
Location : Kharagpur
Last date to apply : 08.10.2014
Details of Post :
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, the torchbearer of the IIT system in this country, invites applications from Indian Nationals for appointment to the position of Registrar (1 No.: Unreserved) of the Institute.
As a Registrar of the Institute the recruit will have to perform the responsibilities as: (1) the ex-officio Secretary (non-member) of the Board of Governors, Senate, Finance Committee and Building & Works Committee of the Institute; (2) custodian of the Institute Seal and Estate; (3) Head of the non-teaching staff of the Institute in ministerial, maintenance, technical and administrative cadres besides supervising their recruitment, posting, assessment, training, mentoring and welfare; (4) Executive Head to ensure implementation and maintaining best administrative systems and procedures in general administration, finance & accounts, stores & purchase, recruitment & assessment besides collection and maintaining necessary records of all important functions/activities of the Institute and routine supply of data/information/statutory reports to Ministry and other agencies; (5) Reporting Officer of Deputy Registrar(s)/Assistant Registrar(s) and other administrative officers posted at different offices.
- No of post : 01
- Salary In Pay Band 4, i.e. Rs. 3740067000 with a Grade Pay of Rs. 10000 and allowances as admissible according to the Institute rules which is guided by GOI norms. For a direct recruit, minimum pay in the Pay Band shall be fixed at Rs. 43000. Higher initial pay may be given to an exceptionally qualified and deserving candidate.
- Other admissible benefits i) A license fee free unfurnished accommodation on campus; ii) free indoor medical facility in on-campus hospital and free medicine support as per institute norms; iii) reimbursement of outdoor medical expenses as per CGHS norms; and iv) leave travel concession;
- Nature of Appointment The appointment to the position will be on contract basis for a period of 3 (three) to 5 (five) years which may be renewed/regularized subject to evaluation of performance. Although the post is advertised as unreserved, but other things being equal, preference will be given to the candidates of reserved categories and to the women candidates as well. C)
- Essential Qualification A Master’s degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate from recognized and reputed universities in India/overseas or its equivalent grade of ‘B’ in the UGC 7 point scale.
- Desirable Qualification i) A PhD degree in any discipline or a PG degree in Management / degree in Law; and/or ii) Qualifications such as CA/ICWA/LLB
- Essential Experience (i) 15 years’ of experience in an institution of higher education of repute as Assistant Professor in the AGP of Rs. 7000 and above along with experience in educational administration in an institution of repute; or (ii) 8 years’ of service in the AGP of Rs. 8000 and above including as Associate Professor along with experience in educational administration in an institution of repute; or(iii) Comparable experience in research establishment and/or other institutions of repute; or (iv) 15 years’ of administrative experience, of which 8 years shall be as Deputy Registrar or a comparable post in an institution of higher education of repute
- Desirable Experience (i) HRD experience and experience in Finance Management in higher technical institutions conducive to the responsibilities of the position as briefed under para (E) above, will be an added advantage. (ii) Familiarity with academic working procedures in a higher technological/ educational institutions, Government of India Rules such as FR & SR, GFR, RTI, CPWD procedure of works, knowledge of procurement/distribution of materials, import procedures, stores accounting etc. with knowledge of computer applications and good proficiency in English language. (iii) Officers of Central Services with desirable experiences are encouraged to apply.
- Age Limit: 57 years
- Relaxations in qualifications and eligibility criteria will apply as per MHRD/UGC norms. These include:
- A relaxation of 5% marks may be provided at the master’s level for the Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe/Differently–abled categories for the purpose of eligibility.
- A relaxation of 5% marks may be provided, from 55% to 50% marks for PhD Degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to September 19, 1991.
- The Institute reserves the right to relax experience in exceptional cases, or in the case of persons already holding analogous positions in a CFTI / University / Research Institution. iii) The Institute also reserves the right of rejecting any or all the applications without assigning any reasons thereof.
- Candidates should submit their SC/ST/OBCs/Disability Certificate issued by Competent Authority in the prescribed format along with the application form, in support of their claim.
- Degree as referred above should have been awarded by a recognized and reputed University / Institute.
- Mere eligibility will not vest any right on any candidate for being called for interview. The decision of the Institute in all matters will be final. No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates in connection with the process of selection / interview. Canvassing in any manner would entail disqualification of the candidature.
- Persons employed in Government / Semi Government Organizations / Autonomous Bodies should submit their application through proper channel. They may, however, send an advance copy of the application. Those who are unable to process their application through proper channel may submit ‘No Objection Certificate (NOC)’ from the present employer during the time of interview. However, they should submit an undertaking to that effect. Direct application from such candidates will not be entertained.
- Government strives to have a workforce who reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- The Institute reserves the right to call only the requisite number of candidates for interview after shortlisting with reference to the candidate’s qualification, suitability, experience, etc.
- The selection for the post will be through interview where the eligible applicants will be required to be present physically. However, the Institute reserves the right to conduct written/screening test, if the number of applicants for the post is large.
- Incomplete applications or applications without attested copies of certificates or received after the last date are liable to be rejected.
- Any dispute with regard to any issue relating to the selection / recruitment process of the instant post will be subject to Courts / Tribunals having jurisdiction over Kolkata.
- To-and-fro rail fare by the shortest route being limited to AC-2 tier will be paid to all the candidates on attending the interview.
How to apply:
Prescribed application form is to be downloaded from the Institute website: www.iitkgp.ac.in/topfiles/non_teaching_top.php Soft version of the completed application (a WORD version) is to be sent through e-mail to [email protected] and also a print copy duly signed by the applicant is to be sent by post to the Assistant Registrar, E-III, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, Kharagpur 721302. Utmost care should be taken to ensure that both the versions of the applications reach the given addresses latest by 3 PM, October 8, 2014. Institute will not be responsible for any postal delay. No interim enquiry will be entertained.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 08.10.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IIT Kharagpur||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
06-12-2016 , 07-12-2016