Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Mandi) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Junior Research Fellow through recruitment notification – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Mandi) Recruitment 2015 – NO.DNHPDCL/60/2013/93. Candidates who have completed M.Sc/ M.Tech can apply for the new recruitment notification from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Mandi)
Eligible candidates need not to apply online for this Junior Research Fellow. Walk in Interview will be held on 14-02-2015 at 9.30AM. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Mandi)|
|Vacancy Name||Junior Research Fellow|
|Educational Qualification||M.Sc/ M.E/M.Tech|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 posts|
|Walin Date for this job||14/02/2015|
|Walkin Address for the Job Vacancy||INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY MANDI, H.P., INDIA|
Detail of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Mandi) Junior Research Fellow Recruitment:
Indian nationals desirous of joining for the post of a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work in a DST-VR funded Indo-Swedish collaborative project may walk-in on 14th February 2015 with originals of their certificates and testimonials. Selected JRF will have the opportunity to work 3 months every year in Sweden. The project details are as follows:
- Title of the research project: Quantum Dots for Novel Solar Solutions
- Short description of the project: In quantum dots (QDs), the energy of an absorbed photon can be broken down via multiple exciton generation (MEG) to many electron-hole pairs thereby increasing the photocurrent of QD solar cells. On the other hand, hot electron transfer (HET) can cause higher photovoltage using the extra energy. In this project, reliable MEG yields of low band-gap QDs will be estimated using our developed transient absorption (TA) spectroscopy based method. HET and relaxation in both only core and core-shell QDs will be investigated using TA and two color 2D spectroscopy. TA and time-resolved fluorescence will be employed to study hole trapping and injection dynamics from QD to metal oxide. Various redox electrolytes or solid hole transporting medium will be tested in QD solar cells. Primary hole acceptor will be used to increase the hole filling efficiency in QDs after electron injection to metal oxide. Quantum chemistry calculations will be carried out to choose right electron acceptors. Transient absorption and transient terahertz (THz) spectroscopy will be used to study the hole injection to the primary hole acceptor and further to the hole transport medium. The long term vision is to demonstrate multiple electron collection and drastically improve the QDSC efficiency.
- Principle Investigator (PI) : Dr. Suman Kalyan Pal Assistant Professor School of Basic Sciences IIT Mandi, Mandi -175 001 (H.P.) (Prof. Tõnu Pullerits, Department of Chemical Physics, Lund University, Sweden)
- Funding Agency : Department of Science and Technology (DST), India and Vetenskapsrådet (VR), Sweden
- Duration : approximately 3 years (the appointment is co-terminus with the project). The selected candidate will have to join immediately.
- Fellowship : Rs. 25,000/- p.m. + H. R. A.
- Minimum Qualification : Possesing M. Sc. or equivalent degree with 55% marks in Physics or Chemistry (Specialization Physical Chemistry) or relevant subjects and passing of NET(JRF)/GATE/equivalent test. Or M. Tech or equivalent degree in Material or NanoSciences or Laser or relevant subjects. The candidate has to have good academic record throughout.
- Age Limit: The upper age limit for JRF shall be 28. Age relaxation: upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 years for SC/ST/OBC/Women and Physically handicapped candidates
- Desirable : Knowledge of synthesis (chemical), characterization and optical property measurements for nanomaterials and QDs. Basic knowledge of molecular spectroscopy.
Selection Procedure for Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Mandi) – Junior Research Fellow Post:
- Written Test on 14/02/2015.
- Shortlisted candidates will undertake face to face interview.
- Dates are yet to be announced for the final selection
Walkin Procedure for Junior Research Fellow Vacancy in Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Mandi):
Interested and eligible candidates may send in advance an updated bio-data mentioning personal details and academic qualifications with the file name “DSTVR_first name_last name” For further information, contact to PI: email@example.com, 09459528125
Important dates to remember :
Walkin date for this job 14-02-2015
Venue : Conference room, IIT Mandi, Academic block, Vallabh college campus, Opposite bus stand, Mandi.
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IIT Mandi|
|Other Teaching/Research jobs|