Indian Institute of Technology Madras invites application for the recruitment of Faculty Positions with Ph.D holders
Company name : Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Posts : Faculty Positions
Qualification : Ph.D
Salary : Rs.15600-39100/- pm
No of Openings : NA
Location : Chennai
Details of Post :
IIT Madras invites applications from Indian Nationals with an established record of independent, high quality research and commitment to teaching and research for faculty positions at the levels of: ASSISTANT PROFESSOR : Pay Band 3 (Rs.15600-39100) with AGP Rs. 8,000/- : For direct recruits, minimum pay in the PB-3 to be fixed at Rs.30,000/- in the Departments of : Aerospace Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Design, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management Studies, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering , Metallurgical & Materials Engineering, Ocean Engineering, Physics
- QUALIFICATION : Ph.D., with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with consistently good academic record throughout.
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR At least 3 years industrial / research / teaching experience excluding however, the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D. Candidates preferably should be below 35 years of age.
- Assistant Professor on contractual basis: Candidates not eligible for direct recruitment may be put on tenure track for the regular post of Assistant Professor. At the entry level they may be placed in Pay band – 3 of Rs.15600-39100 with AGP of Rs.6000/- with seven non-compounded advance increments and shall move after 1 year to AGP of Rs.7000/- and after 3 years to AGP of Rs.8000/- with a minimum pay of Rs.30000/- On completion of 3 years service as Assistant Professor with AGP of Rs.8000/-, shall move to Pay Band – 4 (Rs.37400-67000) with an AGP of Rs.9000/-
How to apply:
- Please send one application form for each post, if applying for more than one; a single application form is sufficient for applying to multiple departments – indicate the departments in the form in the appropriate columns. Enclosures are to be uploaded along with the application form, as separate documents (pdf preferred). The application form / data sheet is a summary sheet mainly for data collection for statutory and statistical purposes and all details should be in attached Academic Profile as detailed below.
- Please enclose a detailed Academic Profile including the following information: a) A Teaching Plan, indicating core courses from the IITM core courses master list (available at the facapp website) that you can teach as also an expanded statement of your objectives and long term interests in coursework development. b) A Research and Industrial Consultancy plan highlighting your current and past research interests and achievements as also future plans in the short and long terms. c) Details of publications / conference papers presented, listing chronologically: Names of authors, title of the paper, name of the journal/conference, volume/ proceedings, pages (from – to), year, etc. Group the above as Journal Publications and papers presented at National / International Conferences). For each paper, include citation count and Journal Impact factors as available. d) Awards, Patents, Prizes etc. indicating: – – Nature, name of prize/award, awarded by, awarded for, year of award Name of the patent, year and details about the patent, etc.
- Research guidance (Ph.D./M.S./M.Tech., only those with formal guide status) listing: – Research degree, name of the scholar, title of thesis, year of award, co-guide, if any, etc. Degrees in progress may be indicated separately.
- Role in and details of research / consultancy projects carried out, listing: – Title of the project, duration, sponsor, value, co-investigators, if any, etc.
- Other Activities like: – Text books and Monographs written with details, Continuing education programs / conferences organised (as an organizer or co-organiser) etc.
- Any other relevant but brief information on academic standing. Candidates are requested to contact the REFEREES to send letters of reference directly to the Heads of the concerned departments, I.I.T. Madras, Chennai 600 036 either by post or by email; email addresses for submitting reference letters are listed at the facapp website.
- Enclose / upload reprints of THREE best papers published.
- Further details regarding various Departments, Faculty, Postgraduate Programmes and areas of research can be had from the individual departmental website which can be reached from www.iitm.ac.in/departments
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IIT Madras|
21-02-2017 , 22-02-2017