Indian Institute of Technology Ropar (IIT Ropar) invites application for the recruitment of Professors with Ph.D holders
Company name : Indian Institute of Technology Ropar (IIT Ropar)
Posts : Professors
Qualification : Ph.D
Salary : Rs.15600-67000/- p.m.
No of Post : 04
Location : Ropar
Last date to apply : 30.11.2014
Details of Post :
The Institute invites applications from Indian Nationals who are exceptionally bright and motivated with established record of independent high quality research and commitment to teach and research for faculty positions at the level of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor (Regular/Contract) in the School of Mechanical, Materials & Energy Engineering and in the Departments of Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Humanities & Social Sciences and Biomedical Engineering Program.
Qualifications and Experience:
|Professor||Ph.D. with first class at the preceding degree or equivalent with a very good academic record and a minimum of ten years experience of which at least four years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IISc Bangalore, IIMs, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any such other Indian or foreign institution/institutions of comparable standards|
|Associate Professor||Ph.D. with first class at the preceding degree or equivalent in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and a minimum of six years Teaching/Industry/Research experience, of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor, Senior Scientific Officer/ Senior Design Engineer.|
|Assistant Professor||Ph.D with first class at the preceding degree or equivalent in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and at least three years industrial/research/teaching experience excluding, however, the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.|
Those with less than three years post Ph.D. experience can be considered for Assistant Professor on Contract.
|Professor||Pay Band – 4 (Rs.37400-67000) with AGP of Rs.10,500/-p.m. For direct recruits, minimum pay in the Pay Band to be fixed at Rs.48,000/-.|
|Associate Professor||Pay Band – 4 (Rs.37400-67000) with AGP of Rs.9500/- p.m. For direct recruits, minimum pay in the PB-4 to be fixed at Rs.42,800/-.|
|Assistant Professor||Pay Band -3 (Rs.15600-39100) with AGP of Rs.8000/- p.m. For direct recruits, minimum pay in the Pay Band to be fixed at Rs.30,000/-. On completion of 3 years of service, they shall move to Pay Band of Rs.37400-67000 (PB 4) with an Academic Grade Pay (AGP) of Rs.9,000/- and will, however, continue to be designated as Assistant Professor.|
|Assistant Professor (on-contract)||Pay Band – 3 (Rs.15600-39100) with AGP of Rs.6,000/- p.m. – with seven non-compounded advance increments (minimum starting pay of Rs.20,140). Candidates not eligible for direct recruitment will be put on tenure track for the regular post of Assistant Professor.|
- Mere fulfilment of the above mentioned qualifications and experience does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview.
- The Institute reserves the right to consider and to fill or not to fill positions in any of the above/and or any other specialization(s) /Department(s) /school.
- Separate Application Forms must be sent if a candidate is applying for more than one post or in more than one Department/School, etc.
- Candidates serving in Government or Quasi-Government or Government aided Institutions including Universities, are requested to send their applications through proper channel or furnish a certificate from the employer that they have no objection to their applications being considered.
- No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from the candidates regarding postal delays, conduct and result of interview, and reasons for not being called for interview or selection.
- Depending upon the qualification and experience, a higher start/salary may be offered in deserving cases.
- Reservation at entry level will be applicable as per Government of India norms.
- A Cumulative Professional Development Allowance of Rs.3 lakhs for every block period of 3 years (Rs. One lakh per year) is available to every member of the faculty to meet the expenses for participating in both National and International Conferences, paying the membership fee of various professional bodies, books and periodicals and contingent expenses.
- Reimbursement of telephone bills up to a ceiling of Rs.750/- per month.
- There is provision for payment of travelling/moving allowance to faculty joining the Institute from abroad or from elsewhere in India as per Institute rules.
- Candidates who meet the requirements may send his/her Resume along with supporting enclosures to the Registrar at the address given below or through email at below mentioned email-id’s.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 30.11.2014
|Click here for More Details||Click here to apply|
|All Jobs From IIT Ropar|
27-10-2016 , 28-10-2016