Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology Pune (IITM) conducting walk-in drive for the recruitment of Project Scientist with B.E/ B.Tech, M.Sc./ MSc. (Tech)/ M.Tech educational background on October 27, 2014
Company name :Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology Pune (IITM)
Posts :Project Scientist
Qualification : B.E/ B.Tech, M.Sc./ MSc. (Tech)/ M.Tech
Salary : Rs.42,000/- p.m
No of Post : 02
Location :New Delhi
Walk in Date : 27/10/2014
Details of Post :
Centre for Climate Change Research (CCCR), IITM is a leading scientific knowledge partner on climate science for a segment of the International CARIAA research program on Climate Change Adaptation at Scale in Semi-Arid Regions (ASSAR) of India and ten major countries in Africa led by Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS), Bangalore in South Asia. In this collaborative project, it is proposed to appoint two “PROJECT SCIENTISTs” purely on short term contract basis for a period of 1 year on a fixed salary of Rs.42,000/-per month and later extendable depending on performance
- ESSENTIAL: M.Sc./ MSc. (Tech)/ M.Tech.in Atmospheric Sciences/ Meteorology / Physics/ Geophysics/ Oceanography / Mathematics from a recognized university/ Institute with at least three years of Research experience in Meteorology/Atmospheric Sciences, in particular on analysis and interpretation of the human induced changes on regional climate.
- DESIRABLE : Work experience in analyzing and interpreting the high resolution regional climate information based on atmosphere-ocean general circulation models. Working knowledge with High Power Computing, and knowledge in using scientific programming languages such as FORTRAN, C etc. and analyses softwares used in atmospheric sciences such as GrADs, FERRET, CDO, R etc.
- RESPONSIBILITIES: To work interactively with IIHS in generating climate change information needed to develop national or regional adaptation policies.
- ESSENTIAL: Master in (Computer Science, Computer Application, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent) or Degree in Engineering or Technology and a minimum three years of work experience in developing & managing a climate data server.
- DESIRABLE : Working knowledge in Scientific Programming, Interactive Analysis Software for Climate Data, Climate Data Management and Distribution.
- RESPONSIBILITIES: To work interactively with IIHS in disseminating climate change information needed to develop national or regional adaptation policies.
- AGE LIMIT: Below 35 years as on 27.10.2014. Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC, 10 years for physically handicapped and as per rule for ex-servicemen.
- SALARY : Rs. 42,000/- per month consolidated
- TENURE : Initially for a period of 1 year and later extendable depending on performance.
A Walk-in-interview will be held at this Institute. Interested candidates are encouraged to fill the application Performa and submit along with CV by email ([email protected]) in advance. Interested candidates may walk-in-interview along with original certificates and mark sheets on 27th October 2014 upto 11.00 am. Director Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pashan, Pune- 411 008 Phone : 020- 25904200 Fax : 020 – 25865142 URL:http://www.tropmet.res.in
Important dates to remember :
Walk in Date : 27.10.2014
Venue : Director Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pashan, Pune- 411 008
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IITM Pune|
07-12-2016 , 08-12-2016