Indian Maritime University (IMU) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Faculty through recruitment notification – Indian Maritime University (IMU) Recruitment 2015 – Advt. No. IMU-HQ/2014-15/06 dated 2 nd March, 2015. Candidates who have completed Graduate, B.E/ B.Tech can apply for the new recruitment notification from Indian Maritime University (IMU)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Faculty Job on or before 06.04.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Indian Maritime University (IMU)|
|Educational Qualification||Any Masters Degree|
|Total No of Vacancy||18 posts|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||06.04.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Indian Maritime University, East Coast Road, Uthandi, Chennai 600 119|
Detail of Indian Maritime University (IMU) Faculty Recruitment:
- Minimum Qualification: (1) Good academic record with atleast 55% marks (or an equivalent grade wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant/allied discipline from an Indian University or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University. (2) Must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like the State Level Eligibility Test (SLET/SET) wherever applicable. (Candidates having Ph.D are exempted from UGC-CSIR NET or equivalent). A relaxation of 5% marks (from 55% to 50%) at the Master’s Degree level for candidates belonging to SC/ST/Physically handicapped categories.
- Desirable Qualification: 1. Ph.D in the relevant discipline. 2. Experience of teaching and/or research in academic/research position in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution.
- Age: Maximum 40 years (relaxable in deserving cases).
- Salary Negotiable. Will be commensurate with Qualifications and Experience.
Selection Procedure for Indian Maritime University (IMU)- Faculty Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 06.04.2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Faculty Vacancy in Indian Maritime University (IMU):
The following words: “Application for the post of the Recruitment of Contract Faculty in_________________________________)”shall be super-scribed on the envelope without fail. Candidates should submit their Application only in the prescribed format. Candidates should submit along with the Application all the enclosures prescribed in Item no. 13or elsewhere. IMU reserves the right to summarily reject any Application incomplete in any respect or does not have one or more of the prescribed enclosures. The Application need NOT be forwarded through the present employer but can be sent DIRECTLY so as to reach the ‘Registrar, Indian Maritime University, East Coast Road, Uthandi, Chennai 600 119’on or before 06th April, 2015. The photocopies of relevant documents as proof of Service Qualifications claimed in Item no.12 (iv) should be attested by a Notary Public. IMU reserves the right to summarily reject any application that has not been so attested. . The crucial date for determination of eligibility shall be the last date prescribed for the receipt of applications. No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding postal delays, conduct of and result of interview, the reasons for not being called for interview or for not being selected, etc. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidates. The University reserves the right not to appoint anyone for the position advertised. If any of the particulars furnished or statements made by the candidate are found to be false, his/her appointment (if selected) is liable to be terminated summarily by IMU without prior notice. The contract appointment is purely on temporary basis for 6 months initially and extendable further, 6 months at a time, based upon need and good performance. A candidate selected and posted to any IMU Campus is liable to be transferred subsequently to any other Campus.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 06.04.2015
Indian Maritime University (IMU) Recruitment 2015 – Advt. No. IMU-HQ/2014-15/06 dated 2 nd March, 2015