Indian Maritime University (IMU) invites application for the recruitment of Controller of Examinations with Master’s Degree/Ph.D holders
Company name : Indian Maritime University (IMU)
Posts : Controller of Examinations
Qualification : Master’s Degree/Ph.D
Salary : Rs. 37400-67000/- P.M.
No of Post : 01
Location : Chennai
Last date to apply : 31.10.2014
Details of Post :
Controller of Examinations
- Name of the post Controller of Examinations
- Number of Posts : As per University requirement
- Classification : Group A
- Scale of Pay Pay Band will be Rs. 37400-67000 with GP of Rs. 10000
- Whether selection post or non selection post : Not applicable for Direct Recruitment/ Deputation. By Selection in case of Promotion.
- Age limit for direct recruitment : Age not more than 55 years (relaxable by Vice Chancellor up to 2 years in deserving cases.)
- Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruitment : i) Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade of ‘B in the UGC prescribed seven point scales. [N.B: A relaxation of 5% marks (from 55% to 50%) at the Master’s Degree level will be allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST/Physically Handicapped categories]; & ii) At least 15 years’ experience as Assistant Professor in the AGP of Rs. 7,000 and above or with 8 years of service in the AGP of Rs.8,000 and above including as Associate Professor along with experience in examination work; or Comparable experience in research establishment and/or other institutions of higher education; or 15 years of administrative experience of which 8 years shall be as Deputy Registrar or an equivalent post. Desirable: i) Ph.D degree. ii) Working knowledge of computers. [OR] Category 2: Essential: (i) MEO Class I Certificate of Competency / Master (FG) Certificate of Competency, & (ii) Sailing experience of minimum of two years at Management level within the meaning of STCW Convention in force; & (iii) At least ten years’ experience in teaching in reputed & recognized maritime institutions/ maritime industry in technical field along with experience in examination work. Desirable: i) Extra First Class Engineer Certificate of Competency / Extra Master (FG) Certificate of Competency / PGDMOM. ii) Working knowledge of computers. [OR] Category 3: Essential: (i) At least 12 years of service Group A Officers from Central/State Governments. Desirable: (i) Working knowledge of computers. The Executive Council reserves the right to relax the service qualifications if fully eligible candidates are not available to fill up the vacancy.
- The following words: “Application for the post of Controller of Examinations, Indian Maritime University on Direct Recruitment basis” shall be super-scribed on the envelope without fail.
- Candidates should submit their Applications only in the prescribed format.
- Candidates should submit along with the Application all the enclosures prescribed in Item no. 14 or elsewhere. IMU reserves the right to summarily reject any application incomplete in any respect or does not have one or more of the prescribed enclosures.
- In the case of Applications on Direct Recruitment basis, the photocopies of relevant documents as proof of Service Qualifications claimed in Item no. 13 – Category 1 – (ii)/Category 2 – (iii)/Category 3 – (i) should be attested by a Notary Public. IMU reserves the right to summarily reject any Application that has not been so attested.
- The crucial date for determination of eligibility shall be the last date prescribed for the receipt of applications by the University.
- No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding postal delays, conduct of and result of interview, the reasons for not being called for the interview or for not being selected, etc.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidates.
- The University reserves the right not to appoint anyone for the position advertised.
- If any of the particulars furnished or statements made by the candidate are found to be false, his/her appointment (if selected) is liable to be terminated summarily by IMU without prior notice.
How to apply :
The Application on Direct Recruitment basis need NOT be forwarded through the present Employer but can be sent DIRECTLY so as to reach the Registrar, Indian Maritime University, East Coast Road, Uthandi, Chennai 600 119 on or before 31st October, 2014.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 31.10.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IMU||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|