Indian Maritime University (IMU) invites application for the recruitment of Deputy Registrar with Master’s degree holders
Company name :Indian Maritime University (IMU)
Posts :Deputy Registrar
Qualification : Master’s degree
Salary : Rs. 15600-39100 /- p.m
No of Post : 01
Last date to apply : 31/10/2014
Details of Post :
- Name of Post Deputy Registrar
- Number of posts As per University requirement
- Classification Group A
- Scale of Pay On initial appointment, pay shall be fixed in the Pay Band Rs. 15600-39100 with GP of Rs. 7600. After completing 5 years of service in this Pay Band, he will move to the higher Pay Band of Rs.37400-67000 with GP of Rs 8700 but shall continue to be designated as Deputy Registrar.
- Whether selection post or non- selection postNot applicable for Direct Recruitment/ Deputation.By Selection in case of Promotion.
- Age limit for direct recruitment Age not more than 55 years. (Relaxable up to 2 years by Vice Chancellor in deserving cases).
- Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruitment for Deputy RegistrarCategory 1:Essential: a) Master’s degree with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade of B in the UGC prescribed seven point scales; &b) (i) At least 7 years of experience as Assistant Professor in the AGP of Rs. 6000 and above with experience in educational administration; or(ii) Comparable experience in research establishment and/or other institutions of higher education; or(iii) 5 years of administrative experience as Assistant Registrar or in an equivalent post.Desirable:i) Working knowledge of computers.Category 2:Essential:(i) Master (FG) Certificate of Competency/ MEO Class I Certificate of Competency with sailing experience of minimum of six months at Management level within the meaning of STCW Convention in force.(ii) At least 5 years’ experience in teaching in reputed & recognized maritime institutions/ maritime industry in technical field along with experience in educational administration. Desirable: (i) Working knowledge of computers.Category 3: Essential: (i) Group A Officers of Central/State Government who have at least 7 years working experience. (ii) Working Knowledge of computers. The Executive Council reserves the right to relax the service qualifications if fully eligible candidates are not available to fill up the vacancies.
- Whether Age & Educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of Promotees/ Deputationists? Promotion: Age – No. Educational qualifications: Yes. Deputation: Age – 57 years. Educational qualifications: Yes.
- Period of probation, if any Two years for direct recruitment only.10. Method of recruitment, whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/ transfer and percentage of vacancies to be filled by various methods. Promotion/Deputation/Direct Recruitment.
- If a departmental promotion committee/ recruitment committee exists, what is its composition? Departmental Promotion Committee/ Selection committee will consist of: i) The Vice-Chancellor as Chairperson. ii) One member of the Executive Council. ii) One nominee of the Executive Council. iv) One officer nominated by the Vice Chancellor.
- Remarks Age of superannuation: 60 years for direct recruits and promotees. For deputationists, relevant age of the sponsoring department/agency will apply.
HOW TO APPLY :
- The following words: “Application for the post of Deputy Registrar, Indian Maritime University on Direct Recruitment basis” shall be superscribed on the envelope without fail.
- Candidates should submit their Application only in the prescribed format.
- Candidates should submit along with the Application all the enclosures prescribed in Item no. 14 or elsewhere. IMU reserves the right to summarily reject any Application incomplete in any respect or does not have one or more of the prescribed enclosures.
- The Application on Direct Recruitment basis need NOT be forwarded through the present Employer but can be sent DIRECTLY so as to reach the Registrar, Indian Maritime University, East Coast Road, Uthandi, Chennai 600 119 so as to reach on or before 31st October 2014.
- In the case of Applications on Direct Recruitment basis, the photocopies of relevant documents as proof of Service Qualifications claimed in Item no. 13 – Category 1 – (ii)/Category 2 – (iii)/Category 3 – (i) should be attested by a Notary Public. IMU reserves the right to summarily reject any Application that has not been so attested.
- The crucial date for determination of eligibility shall be the last date prescribed for the receipt of applications.
- No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding postal delays, conduct of and result of interview, the reasons for not being called for interview or for not being selected, etc.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidates.
- The University reserves the right not to appoint anyone for the position advertised.
- If any of the particulars furnished or statements made by the candidate are found to be false, his/her appointment (if selected) is liable to be terminated summarily by IMU without prior notice. The following words: “Application for the post of Deputy Registrar, Indian Maritime University on Direct Recruitment basis” shall be super
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 31/10/2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IMU||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
10-12-2016 , 11-12-2016