Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) invites online application for the recruitment of Specialist Officers
Company name :Indian Overseas Bank (IOB)
Posts :Specialist Officers
Qualification : Graduates, PG, Engineering, Diploma
Salary : Rs.19400-28100/- p.m
No of Post : 26
Last date to apply : 07/11.2014
Details of Post :
Indian Overseas Bank, a leading Public Sector Bank with headquarters in Chennai having geographical presence all over India and abroad invites online applications from Indian Citizens for recruitment against 26 vacancies for various Specialist Officers positions. Please read this advertisement carefully and ensure the eligibility before submitting online application/ payment of Postage/Intimation charges. No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
Before applying, candidates are advised to ensure that they fulfill the stipulated eligibility criteria. They should note that Postage/ Intimation charges once deposited will neither be refunded nor be adjusted against any other recruitment process. Candidates are advised to fill their particulars Online by themselves correctly.
Name of the Post :Manager – Security Officers
- No of Post :21
- Qualification :Graduate or its equivalent qualification from a University/Institute recognized by Govt. of India
- WORK EXPERIENCE : An Officer with minimum 5 Years of Commissioned service in Army/Navy/Air Force or an officer not below the rank of Assistant Superintendent of Police / Deputy Superintendent of Police in BSF / ITBP / CISF / CRPF with 5 Years Experience
- Age : Min – 25 Max – 45
Name of the Post :Manager – Civil Engineer
- No of Post : 02
- Qualification :B.E or B.Tech in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification from a University/Institute recognized by Govt. of India
- WORK EXPERIENCE : Candidate should possess minimum 5 years post qualification experience in an independent position in a public / private limited organization. The experience shall be in construction & maintenance of multistoried buildings (Office & Residential) in the areas of planning, designing, estimating, tendering & execution.
- Age : Min – 26 Max – 35
Name of the Post :Manager – Electrical Engineer
- No of Post : 01
- Qualification :B.E or B.Tech in Electrical Engineering from a University/Institute recognized by Govt. of India
- WORK EXPERIENCE: Candidate should posses minimum 5 years post qualification experience in the maintenance of Electrical Substation of 2500KVA Transformer total capacity and above, Electrical Distribution System in Multistory Building and possessing valid Electrical Supervisors Certificate of Competency issued by Electrical Licensing Board, Govt. of Tamil Nadu
- Age : Min – 26 Max – 35
Name of the Post :Manager – Mechanical Engineer (Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC))
- No of Post : 01
- Qualification :B.E or B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from a University/Institute recognized by Govt. of India WORK EXPERIENCE: Candidate should possess minimum 5 years post qualification experience in HVAC industry in erection & maintenance of AirConditioning equipment – Packaging plants, Central AC Plants, Room Air-conditioners and other HVAC equipments.
- Age : Min – 26 Max – 35
Name of the Post :Manager – Mechanical Engineer (Vehicle / Generator)
- No of Post : 01
- Qualification :B.E or B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from a University/Institute recognized by Govt. of India
- WORK EXPERIENCE: Candidate should possess minimum 5 years post qualification experience in maintenance of Vehicles, Diesel Generators and Elevators in a reputed organization.
- Age : Min – 26 Max – 35
SALARY AND EMOLUMENTS
- MMGS – II ` 19400 – 700/1 – 20100 – 800/10 – 28100 DA, HRA, CCA etc., will be as per rules in force from time to time.
- PROBATION PERIOD: Candidates selected for all positions mentioned above will serve a probation period from the date of joining the Bank as determined by the Bank in terms of Officers’ Service Regulation (OSR).
- BOND AMOUNT: Candidates selected for appointment up to Scale IV will be required to execute a Financial Service Bond for `1, 00, 000 (Rupees One lac) for rendering service for a minimum period of 3 years.
IMPORTANT GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS:
- Candidates are required to apply only ‘ONLINE’ through Bank’s website. Any other form of application shall not be entertained.
- Incomplete applications / Applications without supporting documents will be rejected outright.
- Candidates uploading more than one application (either for the same post or for different posts)for any reason will be treated as ineligible.
- Only candidates willing to serve anywhere in India should apply.
- Before applying, the candidates must ensure that he/she fulfills all the eligibility criteria and other norms mentioned in the advertisement and has in his/her possession the requisite documents and certificates specified by the Bank, and that the particulars furnished in the Online application are true and correct in all respects. Mere calling for applications for the Interview shall not imply that the Bank has been satisfied beyond doubt about the candidate’s eligibility. Bank has the right to cancel candidature at any stage if found that he/she is not fulfilling the eligibility criteria and /or that he/she has furnished any incorrect/false information/certificate/documents or has suppressed any material fact(s). If any of these shortcomings are detected even after appointment his/her services are liable to be terminated.The Bank is free to reject any application, at any stage of the recruitment process, if the candidate is found ineligible for the post. The decision of the Bank in any matter relating to recruitment at all the stages of the recruitment process will be final and binding upon the candidate. No correspondence or personal queries in this regard shall be entertained by the Bank.
- All candidates called for Interview, will have to produce originals as well as attested photocopies of the prescribed certificates in support of their educational qualification, experience, date of birth, caste, etc. The candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PC Category are required to submit originals as well as attested photocopies of their caste certificate/certificate of disability issued by the competent authority, in addition to the other certificates in support of their eligibility criteria.Candidates are also required to submit a printout of the online application with their photograph and signature affixed at the appropriate places at the time of interview.
- In case of candidates belonging to OBC category, the certificate inter-alia must specify that the candidate does not belong to “CREAMY LAYER” section excluded from the benefits of reservations for OBCs in Civil Post and Services under Government of India. The OBC certificate containing “Non Creamy Layer Clause” in Central Government format,should not be more than one year old as on the date of Interview.
- Candidates belonging to OBC category but coming under Creamy Layer are not entitled for OBC reservation. They should indicate their category as General in the online application form.
- Candidates serving in Government /Quasi Government Offices/Public Sector Undertakings including Nationalised Bank, Financial Institutions will be required to produce “No Objection Certificate” from the employer at the time of interview, failing which the candidature may not be considered.
- An Ex-serviceman candidate has to produce a copy of the discharge certificate / pension payment order and documentary proof of rank last / presently held ( substantive as well as acting ) at the time of Interview. Those who are still in defence service should submit a certificate from a competent authority that they will be relieved from Defence Services within 12 months from the date prescribed for closing of online registration i.e. 29.10.2015.
- Candidates belonging to reserved category, including Physically Challenged category, for which no reservation has been announced, are free to apply for vacancies announced for General category, provided they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates who do not satisfy the eligibility criteria and who do not produce (for any reason) the originals as well as attested photocopies of all documents required to be submitted as advised in this notification and Interview call letter, whomsoever, shall not be permitted to attend the Interview, even though have been called for Interview.
- The candidates will have to appear for interview at their own expense. However, outstation eligible SC/ST/PC candidates who are not employed and attending the interview will be reimbursed to and fro second-class ordinary train/bus fare by the shortest route on production of evidence of travel ( as per extant Govt. Guidelines ).The Bank will not be responsible for any injury / losses, etc. of any nature.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- Any request for change of address/ e-mail id for communication will NOT be entertained.
- Appointment of selected candidates is subject to their being declared medically fit as per the requirements of the Bank. Such appointment will also be subject to the Service and Conduct Rules of the Bank.
- In case of any dispute on account of interpretation in any version other than English, the English version shall prevail.
- Any dispute arising out of this advertisement shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of courts situated at Chennai.
- Decision of the Bank in all matters regarding eligibility of the candidate, the stages at which such scrutiny of eligibility is to be undertaken, the documents to be produced for the purpose of the conduct of interview, selection and any other matter relating to recruitment will be final and binding on the candidate. Further, the Bank reserves right to stall / cancel the recruitment partially / fully at any stage during the recruitment process at its discretion, which will be final and binding on the candidate.
IDENTITY VERIFICATION : At the time of interview, the call letter along with a photocopy of the candidate’s photo identity such as PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving Licence/ Voter’s Card/ Bank Passbook with photograph/ Photo embossed Credit Card/ Aadhar card with a photograph should be submitted to the Bank officials for verification. The candidate’s identity will be verified with respect to his/her details on the call letter, and requisite documents submitted. If identity of the candidate is in doubt the candidate may not be allowed to appear for the interview.
HOW TO APPLY : Pre-Requisites for Applying OnlineBefore applying online, candidates should:
- go through the detailed advertisement by clicking the Advertisement (English)/Advertisement (Hindi) available under the title “Lateral Recruitment Of Specialist Officers For Various Posts –2014-15” in our website www.iob.in under “Careers” page and ensure candidate’s eligibility before applying for the said post.
- scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given in Annexure I to this advertisement.
- keep the necessary details/documents ready for Online Payment of the requisite Postage/ Intimation charges.
- have a valid personal email ID, which should be kept active throughout the entire recruitment process. Bank may send call letters for the Interview/Final Selection etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying Online and must maintain that email account.
A system generated printed Online application form for the respective post applied, complete in all respects and with the documents specified therein should be sent only by ordinary post in a closed Envelope super-scribed “APPLICATION FOR POST OF __________________________ (POST CODE – ____) IN INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK”, to reach the prescribed address on or before the last dates specified for receipt of the same: The complete set of documents should reach us on or before 07.11.2014 at the address given above.
THE ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK
NO. 763, ANNA SALAI, CHENNAI – 600002
Important dates to remember :
- Online Registration 15.10.2014 to 30.10.2014
- Payment of Postage/Intimation Charges – Both Online & Offline Mode 15.10.2014 to 30.10.2014
- Last Date for Receiving System Generated Print–out of Registered Application along with requisite Documents at Central Office, Chennai 07.11.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IOB|
26-01-2017 , 27-01-2017