Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Scientist/Engineer through recruitment notification – Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Recruitment 2015 – Advertisement No. IIRS/P&GA/Estt./Rectt./12. Candidates who have completed M.Tech, M.Sc, Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Scientist/Engineer from 21-02-2015 to 27-03.2015. Find more Information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)|
|Educational Qualification||M.E/M.Tech, M.Sc, M.Phil/Ph.d|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Posts|
|Salary||Rs. 15,600-39,100/- p.m.|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||27-03.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||GOVERNMENT OF INDIA, DEPARTMENT OF SPACE, INDIAN SPACE RESEARCH ORGANISATION, INDIAN INSTITUTE OF REMOTE SENSING, DEHRADUN – 248001|
Detail of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Scientist/Engineer Recruitment:
Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), a unit of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), is a premier institute for capacity building and research in the field of remote sensing and geoinformatics. The Institute has a multi-disciplinary and problem oriented research agenda focusing on developing land-ocean-atmosphere applications and understanding Earth’s surface and subsurface processes using primarily the space-based technologies. The research programmes are intricately linked to overall goal of ISRO towards operationalisation of space-based services for national development.
- Scientist/Engineer-SD (Glacial Geology)
- Essential Qualification Ph. D. (Geology or equivalent) with M. Sc / M. Tech. (Geology / Applied Geology / Geophysics / Geoexploration / Geosciences) (1st class with minimum 65% marks) or equivalent and subject specialization / dissertation in Glacial Geology and Himalayan tectonics or Applied Geomorphology.
- Desirable Qualification At least 1-2 years of research experience (after thesis submission) in field and lab. Investigations related to Remote Sensing, Digital Image / Signal Processing, Geological field Survey and Data Processing, Computer Programming with good academic career and publications in referred journals. Experience in Himalayan terrain will be an added advantage.
- Job Description IIRS offers excellent teaching and research position for highly selfmotivated researcher to work as a part of vibrant multidisciplinary geosciences research team that is engaged in training, education, research, field investigation and the candidate is expected to work in the following areas including present and future missions of ISRO: • Glacial geology including related hazards. • Remote sensing & GIS • Slope stability and applied geomorphology This position allows formulation of new project proposals and work in collaboration with world renowned scientists at other ISRO centers such as Space Applications Centre and Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad and other National research laboratories including IITs. In case the candidate has special interest for Himalayan geology, geodynamics and active tectonics, it would be an added advantage to explore the nearby mountain ranges. Candidates with good publications and network with peer researchers in India and abroad and flare for working with young students are specially encouraged to apply.
- Pay & Allowances: ` 15,600 – 39,100 (PB-3) + Grade pay ` 6600/- per month. Initial Basic Pay will be ` 25350/- In addition, other allowances like DA, HRA, TA as per Govt. rules will be admissible. Total emoluments at Dehradun will be ` 60,857/- (approx). Selected candidates will be entitled to have the ISRO CHSS Medical facilities.
- Age limit: The age limit is 35 years on the closing date of receipt of applications but relaxable for 5 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 3 years in case of OBC candidates
Selection Procedure for Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) – Scientist/Engineer Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 27-03.2015
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Scientist/Engineer Vacancy in Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) :
- Applications will be received on-line only. Candidates need not send the printout of the online application or any other supporting documents.
- Please refer to the advertisement before filling up the online application form.
- Candidates are strictly advised to fill correct information very carefully in online application form. Please keep ready the scan copy of following documents before filling the online application form:
- Documentary proof of all the educational qualifications starting from 10th standard onwards in PDF format as per instructions in the advertisement. The file size should not exceed 500 KB.
- Passport size photo in jpg format. The file size should not exceed 50 KB.
- Candidate signature in jpg format. The file size should not exceed 50 KB.
- Note: Use DPI (150-200) for scanning marksheets etc in pdf format.
- Click “Apply Online” to open up the On-Line Application Form.
- The application format for online registration is hosted on our website www.iirs.gov.in from 21.02.2015 (1000 hours) to 27.03.2015 (1730 hours) for registering the applications.
- The mandatory fields are mark as ‘*’ (asterisk) with red color. Please provide the necessary information for mandatory fields.
- A valid e-mail ID is mandatory for registration.
- Candidate may press “Submit Form” button once he/she finds that information supplied by him/her is in order and no correction is required. Thereafter no correction/modification shall be allowed.
- When “Submit Form” button is pressed, a page with Registration No. will be generated and candidate will also be receiving an email with registration details. Please note down registration number or take a print out of the page for your records.
- Using the ‘Reprint’ option and on entering registration number and DOB, candidates can print their application again, if required.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained. In case of any clarification candidates may send their mail to recruitment[At]iirs[dot]gov[dot]in
- Only passed candidates are eligible to apply. Students awaiting for final result need not to apply.
- Experience, Caste/tribe certificate shall be produce at the time of interview otherwise the candidature of the candidate will be cancelled.
- Candidates belonging to OBC must submit a certificate specifically including the clause regarding exclusion from creamy layer which should be updated/valid at the time of submission of the application.
- Mere fulfillment of the qualitative requirements of the posts will not entail a candidate to be called for interview. A duly appointed screening committee will initially scrutinize the applications, evolve a criteria depending on the number of applications received vis-à-vis positions to be filled and make a shortlist of the candidates to be called for further interview.
- CGPA shall be converted into percentage of marks as per the candidate’s university norms.
- Those who are already in employment under the Central Government/State Government/Public Sector Undertaking/Autonomous Body or any organizations which is aided by the Government, shall produce “No Objection Certificate” from the employer at the time of interview otherwise the candidature of the candidate will be cancelled.
- Only Indian National needs to apply.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained. IIRS reserves the right not to fill the position, if it desires so. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 27-03.2015
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Recruitment 2015 – Advertisement No. IIRS/P&GA/Estt./Rectt./12
|Click here for More Details||Click here to apply|
|All Jobs From ISRO|
|Other Top company jobs|
|Other Teaching/Research jobs|
03-03-2017 , 04-03-2017