Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) invites online application for the recruitment of Junior Research Fellow for M.Sc / M.Tech holders
Company name :Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
Posts : Junior Research Fellow
Qualification : M.Sc/ M.Tech
Salary : Rs.16,000-18000/- P.M
No of Post : 02
Last date to apply :22/10/2014
Details of Post :
Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), a unit of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), is a premier institute for capacity building and research in the field of remote sensing and geo informatics. The Institute has a multi-disciplinary and problem oriented research agenda focusing on developing land-ocean-atmosphere applications and understanding Earth’s surface and subsurface processes using primarily the space-based technologies. The research programmes are intricately linked to overall goal of ISRO towards operationalisation of spacebased services for national development.
Junior Research Fellow:
Applications are invited from young and motivated candidates for the post of JRF under the following research projects:
- Project Title : Soil, Vegetation – Atmosphere Carbon Flux Measurement and Modeling Project.
- No. of Post: 1 (one)
- Essential Qualification: M.Sc in Botany/ Forestry/ Ecology/ Ecophysiology/ Environmental Science/ M.Tech in RS&GIS with specialization in Forestry and Ecology with 65% marks.
- Desirable Qualification: Knowledge of statistical/mathematical remote sensing data processing and computer programming. Degree/Diploma in Remote Sensing & GIS applications. Candidates with experience in Carbon flux data processing will be preffered.
- Project title: Assessing soil erosion and nutrient loss and its impact on soil quality and crop productivity (Mountain ecosystem processes and services in North Western Himalaya under EOAM Mission programme of ISRO)
- No. of Post: 1 (one)
- Essential Qualification: M.Sc in Soil Science/ Agronomy/ Geography/ Soil Conservation/Environmental Sciences Or M. Tech. (Agri. Engg.) Or M. Tech. in Remote Sensing applications with speciallization in Agriculture with 65% marks.
- Desirable Qualification: Experience with working on soil erosion/ hydrological modeling and climate change studies.
- Age limit: Age should not be more than 30 years on the date of receipt of application. Age relaxation to SC/ST is 5 years, OBC is 3 years and PWD is 10 years. In respect of SC/ST/OBC candidates who are also PWD the 10 years relaxation is over and above the admissible relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC
- Fellowship & Duration: JRFs will be paid an amount of ` 18,000/- (` Eighteen Thousand Only) per month as fellowship in the Project where “Essential Qualification” is M. Tech. and candidate is having M. Tech. degree. Other JRFs will be paid ` 16,000/- (` Sixteen Thousand Only) per month. All JRFs will be paid contingent grant of ` 3,000/- (` Three Thousand only) per annum D.A. is not admissible. However, they will be eligible for H.R.A. as per the rules of Government.
For this purpose, the fellowship amount will be taken as basic pay. JRFs will be allowed to avail the CHSS (Medical) facility for self only. DA, CCA, Bonus, LTC, retirement benefits, etc. are not admissible.
Selection process: The qualification prescribed in this advertisement is the minimum requirement and the same does not automatically make candidates eligible to be called for interview. Based on the experience and details of marks furnished by the applicants, the candidates will be short listed for interview.
- Disclosure of list of shortlisted candidates: Upto 28th October, 2014 (Tuesday)
- Date of interview: 05th November, 2014 (Wednesday)
- Government strives to have a workforce which reflect gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Applications will be received ONLINE ONLY. No hard copy of application is required to be sent to IIRS. The application format for online registration is hosted on our website www.iirs.gov.in from 02.10.2014 (1000 hours) to 22.10.2014 (1800 hours) for registering the applications. Colour photographs, Signature, Self attested true copies of 10th, 12th, Graduation final year, PG final year, , Ph.D. degree, Date of Birth certificate if not mentioned in 10th marksheet shall be uploaded in the online application.
- Only passed candidates are eligible to apply. Students awating for final result need not to apply.
- Experience, Caste/tribe PWD certificate shall be produce at the time of interview otherwise the candidature of the candidate will be cancelled.
- Candidates belonging to OBC must submit a certificate specifically including the clause regarding exclusion from creamy layer which should be updated/valid at the time of submission of the application.
- Mere fulfillment of the qualitative requirements of the posts will not entail a candidate to be called for interview. A duly appointed screening committee will initially scrutinize the applications, evolve a criteria depending on the number of applications received vis-à-vis positions to be filled and make a shortlist of the candidates to be called for further interview.
- CGPA shall be converted into percentage of marks as per the candidates university norms.
- Those who are already in employment under the Central Government/ State Government/ Public Sector Undertaking/Autonomous Body or any organizations which is aided by the Government, shall produce “No Objection Certificate” from the employer at the time of interview otherwise the candidature of the candidate will be cancelled.
- Only Indian National needs to apply.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained. IIRS reserves the right not to fill the position, if it desires so. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last Date to apply: 22.10.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From ISRO||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
01-03-2017 , 02-03-2017