Indian Statistical Institute (ISI Chennai) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Visiting Scientists through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Graduate, Post Graduate can apply for the new recruitment notification from Indian Statistical Institute (ISI Chennai)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Visiting Scientists Job on or before 18/5/2015 Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Indian Statistical Institute (ISI Chennai)|
|Vacancy Name||Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Visiting Scientists|
|Educational Qualification||Any Graduate, Any Post Graduate|
|Total No of Vacancy||02 Post|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||18/5/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||INDIAN STATISTICAL INSTITUTE SQC & OR Unit. 110, Nelson Manickam Road, Aminjikarai, Chennai, Tamilnadu , INDIA – 600029|
Detail of Indian Statistical Institute (ISI Chennai) Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Visiting Scientists Recruitment:
ISI Chennai invites applications in the general area of Probability and Statistics, Mathematical Analysis, Theoretical Computer Science, and Theoretical Physics.
ISI Chennai Centre provides state-of-art working conditions for collaboration among its residents, excellent scientific leadership to determine the planned activities, and strong administrative support to facilitate the academic activities of the Centre. It interacts with the Government, academia and industries to spread its horizon and also hosts researchers from allied fields of study like, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science.
Area of research focus is open but preference will be given to candidates having common area of interest with existing faculty
Research Areas of Present Faculty Members
- Probability and Statistics: Applied Statistics, Statistical Quality Control and Operations Research (SQC and OR). Specific topics in Applied Statistics include Reliability and Survival Analysis, Mathematical Statistics, Financial Statistics, Functional Data Analysis and High dimensional data. Specific topics in SQC and OR include Process Control, Process Optimization, Multiple Response Optimization, Complementarity Problems, Game Theory, Cooperative Games, and Stochastic Games.
- Mathematical Analysis: Complex Analysis of One or Several Variables including Quasi-Conformal Mappings, Special Functions and Function Spaces.
- Theoretical Computer Science: Cryptology and Computer Algebra, Logic and Games, Information Dynamics, Logic and Cognition, Behavioral Game Theory, Graph Theory and Algorithms.
- Theoretical Physics: Condensed Matter Theory (with emphasis on strongly correlated systems) and Quantum Computation. Candidates with programming skills are preferable.
Selection Procedure for Indian Statistical Institute (ISI Chennai)- Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Visiting Scientists Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 18/5/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Visiting Scientists Vacancy in Indian Statistical Institute (ISI Chennai):
Brilliant young candidates who have received or are about to receive the doctoral degree are encouraged to apply. The post-doctoral positions (typically for one or two years) are mentored by individual faculty members. Experienced post-doctoral candidates are encouraged to apply for the three year contractual Lecturer-cumpostdoctoral position. Outstanding candidates whose research interests lie in other areas of mathematics may also apply. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their Curriculum Vitae along with their list of publications and three references to email@example.com by e-mail. For further details visit: http://www.isichennai.res.in/
Important dates to remember:
Last Date to Apply for this job 18/5/2015