Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT Delhi) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Faculty Positions through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed M.Sc, M.E/ M.Tech, Ph.D, MBA can apply for the new recruitment notification from Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT Delhi)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Faculty Positions Job on or before 30.04.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT Delhi)|
|Vacancy Name||Faculty Positions|
|Educational Qualification||M.Phil/Ph.d, MBA/PGDM, M.Sc, M.E/M.Tech|
|Total No of Vacancy||12 Posts|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||30.04.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Okhla Industrial Estate, Near Govind Puri Metro Station, Phase III, New Delhi, Delhi 110020|
Detail of Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT Delhi) Faculty Positions Recruitment:
Applications are invited for tenure-track faculty positions at Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor levels. A tenure-track faculty is expected to engage heavily in research and teaching. The eligibility criteria for tenure-track faculty positions are similar as in IITs. For an Assistant Professor position, a candidate must have a PhD in Computer Science &/or Engineering/Electrical &/or Math &/or Communication Engineering/ Computational Biology etc; (for interdisciplinary areas the PhD may be in an appropriate field), plus three years experience. However, for PhDs from a well known University/Institute (e.g. IITs/IISc/TIFR/ISI in India or well known research universities across the world), and a good research/academic record, the 3 years experience requirement may be waived.
The pay scale for faculty is same as in IITs. In addition, up to 25% more personal pay may be provided. All regular faculty will be provided on-campus or leased accommodation. Other benefits include initiation research grant, travel support, book grant, professional society membership, etc., and personal benefits such as medical/LTC.
IIIT-Delhi follows a tenure model in which an initial contract is given for 5/7 years. Before completion of initial contract, an extensive evaluation of performance of Research & Teaching is done. If the faculty member’s performance is excellent, he/she can expect to get promoted and tenured. Otherwise, the contract may not be renewed.
- Computer Science & Engineering, CSE(4 positions)
- Information security and privacy: All aspects including web security, security of critical infrastructure, privacy and security in online social media, network security, secure application development, etc.
- Mobile computing, sensor networks, systems. Incl distributed systems, operating systems, networks, platforms, middleware, etc.
- Data science and Machine learning. Including deep learning, model building, social media analysis, data mining, data bases, data visualization, big data, managing data on cloud, data warehousing, data engineering, etc.
- Geoinformatics: GIS, geocomputation, geovisualization, etc.
- Human computer interaction. Including interaction design, coordination and collaboration, gesture based interaction, intelligent and adaptive interfaces, interface for mobile devices, speech interfaces, information interfaces, multimodal interfaces, human-robot interfaces, computational design, cognition, etc.
- Software engineering and programming languages. Including empirical software engineering, code analysis, testing, mining software repositories, semantics, language translation, etc.
- Digital media. Including computer graphics, animation, game development, data visualization, web media, social media, etc.
- Computational Biology and Bioinformatics.
- Other areas: Algorithms, Theory of Computing, Computational Neuroscience, etc.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering, ECE(4 positions)
- Circuits/Electronics: VLSI/CAD & Nano-Electronics; Mixed-Signal/ Analog circuits / RF transceivers; Low Power Electronics, 3D ICs, Multi-core processors and new architectures, Systems-on-chip and network-on-chip, I/O.
- Communications/Networks: Wireless communication and Networks; Integration of Wired/ Wireless Networks; Applications to transportation, energy grids and next generation networking; Information theory and network science; Spectrum policy and management.
- Signal/Image Processing: Multimedia Systems; Image Compression & Processing; Speech recognition, processing, translation to text; Bio-Medical Imaging and Applications to Systems Biology.
- Energy Systems and Technologies: Energy sensing, management, operations; power electronics, Smart Grid technologies (communications and control, distributed operations).
- Embedded & Sensor Systems, Controls: Emerging low power/low cost sensor net platforms; controls with applications to cyber-physical systems.
- Computational Biology, CB (2 positions)
- Bioinformatics: Genomics, metagenomics, Proteomics, Next-Gen Sequencing, RNA-seq, Genome organization and evolution, Comparative and functional genomics, Structural bioinformatics, etc.
- Biostatistics: Statistical genetics, Epidemiology, Statistical analysis of big-data, Infectious diseases, Complex diseases, Bayesian statistics and statistical computing, etc.
- Systems biology: Modeling structural and dynamical properties of the biological networks, stochastic models in gene expression, multi-scale modeling of biological systems, etc.
- Applied Mathematics (2 positions)
- Applied Math. Modeling, numerical methods, scientific computing, finite element techniques, etc.
- Optimization. All areas including linear/ non-linear/ integer/Dynamic/ Mathematical programming, combinatorial /stochastic optimization, Heuristics, etc.
- Statistics and Machine Learning. Probabilistic modeling, Statistical learning, Monte Carlo methods, Stochastic processes, deep learning, etc
- Other areas: Number theory, Control theory, Coding theory, Combinatorics, Numerical algebra, Cryptography, Network science, etc.
Selection Procedure for Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT Delhi)- Faculty Positions Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 30.04.2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Faculty Positions Vacancy in Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT Delhi):
- For applying, send an email with your CV containing at least three references, a research statement, and a teaching statement to faculty-applicationsiiitd.ac.in. Subject of the email should be “Faculty position in CSE[or ECE, CB, Math, Area]”. A candidate for teaching-track position should be explicitly apply for “Teaching-Track faculty position in CSE ( or ECE)”. An applicant for a regular position may also be consider for teaching-track.
- Seminars may be done through electronic means. Invited candidates will be reimbursed for their travel (up to some limit) to meet the selection committee
- Applications, or intent for application, are received throughout the year. Potential candidates who want to apply later but are visiting India are specially encouraged to send an email of intent to explore possibility of a visit to IIIT-Delhi and seminar/faculty-interaction during their visit. From the applications received, candidates are short-listed based on education background, research record, recommendation letters, and suitability for the Institute.
- The candidate (if shortlisted) is invited to give a technical seminar to the faculty and interact with faculty – for overseas candidates, this is often done when the candidate is visiting India. This may also be done through electronic media. Suggested structure of the seminar (appx 40 mts): Give a brief overview of your background, the problem areas you work in, its relevance, and overall contributions. Then describe one work in detail (like a conference presentation). Finally, end with future research work you want to pursue, and a slide on your teaching interests.
- A further shortlisting is done based on the seminar/visit. The short listed candidates are invited to interact with the selection committee, which is a committee of experts. Generally, this interaction starts with a short presentation/opening statement by the candidate on his/her achievements so far and future plans followed by interaction with the committee. Suggested structure of this opening statement (8-10 mts): A slide or two about the candidate’s background, a few slides about the research contributions so far, a couple of slides on future research plans, and a slide on teaching interests.
- The selection committee makes its recommendations. After the recommendations are accepted, the offer letter is issued. The candidate is generally informed within two weeks of the selection committee interaction, if he/she is selected
- For applying: Applications processed regularly (Normal deadlines: 15 Feb, 30 April, 30 July)
- Seminars: On a mutually convenient date; often when the candidate is visiting India.
- Interaction with Selection Committee: Held regularly; normally soon after the application deadlines
Important dates to remeber :
Last Date to Apply for this job : 30.04.2015
28-02-2017 , 01-03-2017