Information and Library Network Centre (INFLIBNET) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Regional SOUL Coordinators through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed M.Lib can apply for the new recruitment notification from Information and Library Network Centre (INFLIBNET)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Regional SOUL Coordinators Job on or before 28.02.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Information and Library Network Centre (INFLIBNET)|
|Vacancy Name||Regional SOUL Coordinators|
|Total No of Vacancy||11 posts|
|0ast Date to Apply for this job||28.02.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Information and Library Network Centre An Autonomous Inter-University Centre of University Grants Commission Post Box No.4, Infocity, Gandhinagar : 382 007|
Detail of Information and Library Network Centre (INFLIBNET) – Regional SOUL Coordinators Recruitment:
The Information and Library Network(INFLIBNET) Centre is an Autonomous InterUniversity Centre of the University Grants Commission (UGC) located in Infocity, Gandhinagar. The Centre is committed for modernization of libraries and information centres, for information transfer and access to support scholarship, learning and academic pursuits by establishing a national network of libraries and information centres in universities, institutions of higher learning and R & D institutions in India.
The INFLIBNET Centre has developed an integrated library management software called SOUL(Software for University Libraries) to facilitate automation of libraries. It works under client/server mode in Windows environment using MS-SQL server as back end database. SOUL is one of the most popular integrated library management software with 3000 installations till date. The software is capable of handling in-house operations of any type of library.
The Centre wishes to recruit SOUL Coordinators, one each in the following geographical regions, to take up the challenging task of library automation through SOUL 2.0 software developed by INFLIBNET Centre. The incumbent is required to work in the assigned geographical regions. Initial period of appointment will be one year only which is extendable for the further period depending on the performance review and recommendations of review Committee. The post carries consolidated/fixed remuneration that is revised from time to time. The eligibility conditions may be relaxed in exceptional cases at the discretion of the competent authority. The details of regions are as follows:
- 1. Eastern India: West Bengal, Orissa and Sikkim 2. Western India: Maharashtra & Goa 3. Western India: Maharashtra & Goa 4. Southern India: Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Karnataka 5. Southern India: Kerala, Puducherry and Tamil Nadu 6. North India: Delhi, Haryana, Panjab 7. North India : Himachal Pradesh, Uttaranchal, Jarkhandand and J&K 8. North India: Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Uttaranchal 9. Central India: Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh 10. North Eastern State: Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura 11. North Eastern State: Mizoram, Nagaland, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh
- Nature of Work Promotional activities of SOUL software as well as other programmes of INFLIBNET Centre specially N-LIST, maintenance support to existing customers, enrolling members for premium membership, support installation of software, attend queries, onsite visits, training, demonstration and any other work assigned by the Centre.
- Educational Qualification Applicants should have minimum Master Degree in Library and Information Science (MLISc) with IT exposure and literacy in computer.
- Experience Working professionals with minimum 5 years experience in library automation Period of Contract One year from the date of appointment as SOUL Coordinator
- Remuneration Rs. 9,000/- per month as honorarium and Rs. 1,000/- per month towards incidental expenses (The remuneration to SOUL Coordinators and Technical Assistants are likely to be revised shortly)
Selection Procedure for Information and Library Network Centre (INFLIBNET) – Regional SOUL Coordinators Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 28.02.2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Regional SOUL Coordinators – Vacancy in Information and Library Network Centre (INFLIBNET):
Candidates are requested to apply on line application available on the Centre’s website on or before 28 Feb 2015 upto 1800 hrs and take print of the filled in application. The duly filled in application along with all certificates and testimonials should reach on or before 09th March 2015 to the Administrative Officer (PA&F), INFLIBNET Centre at above address.
Other Terms and Conditions
The Coordinator will be authorized to appoint two qualified graduate Technical Assistants, one each with qualifications in Library Science and Computer Science on consolidated salary of Rs. 9,000/- per month for period of one year. Travel expenses towards promotion, installation, training and maintenance of SOUL software in their assigned geographical regions will be borne by Centre. TA/DA rules will be applicable as per rates adopted by the INFLIBNET Centre. The Centre will pay a sum of Rs. 25,000/- as imprest money for meeting the TA of staff and other office expenses which will be reimbursed on monthly basis to the SOUL Coordinator by the Centre on production of bills/vouchers. SOUL Coordinator as well as technical assistants will be given free training at INFLIBNET Centre. TA and local hospitality will be borne by the Centre. The SOUL Coordinators will be required to submit their progress reports on monthly basis enabling the Centre to review their performance. The SOUL Coordinators is expected to achieve a target of 50 installations per year in their assigned region. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview at INFLIBNET Centre, Infocity, Gandhinagar.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 28.02.2015
|Click here for More Details||Click here to apply|
|All Jobs From INFLIBNET|
|Other Teaching/Research jobs|
|Other State Government jobs|
27-10-2016 , 28-10-2016