Institute of Forest Genetics and Tree Breeding conducting walk-in drive for the recruitment of Junior Research Fellows/Field Assistants for Master Degree holders on July 25, 2014
Company name : Institute of Forest Genetics and Tree Breeding
Posts : Junior Research Fellows/Field Assistants
Qualification : Master Degree
Salary : Rs. 12000/- P.M.
No of Post : 03
Location : Coimbatore
Walk in date : 25.07.2014
Details of Post :
Junior Research Fellows/Field Assistants
It is proposed to conduct a Walk-in-Interview at 9.00 AM on 25.07.2014 to recruit Junior Research Fellows/Field Assistants for the following research projects funded by ICFRE and External Agencies purely on temporary(contract) basis. Interested/eligible candidates are requested to attend the walk-in-interview on the above date at the Institute of Forest Genetics & Tree Breeding, R.S. Puram, Coimbatore – 641 002 (Tamil Nadu).
Junior Research Fellows:
|Name of the Project & Funding Agencies||No. of
|Essential and Desirable Qualifications||Consolidated Emoluments/pm||Duration|
|01||“Population structure, regeneration status and pollination ecology of Dalbergia latifolia D. Sissoides” (RP-122)
PI. Dr. K.R. Sasidharan, Scientist-E
|(one)||Essential: 1st Class Master Degree in Botany/Plant Science.
Desirable: Experience in ecological works.
|02||“Productivity studies on commonly cultivated bamboo species in different Agro climatic Zones of Tamil Nadu” (RP-128). PI-. Shri M. Maria Dominic Savio, Scientist-D||(one)||Essential: 1st Class Master Degree in Botany/Forestry with aptitude for field work||Rs. 12000/-||2012-2017|
|03||“Chemotyping of sapindus emarginatus-A potential NTFP of Tamil Naud” (RP-91).
PI. Dr. R. Anandalakshmi, Scientist-D
|(one)||Essential: 1st Class Master Degree in life Science.||Rs.12000/-||2010-2015 (For eight months only)|
Age : 28 years as on 25.07.2014 (Relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates).
For Field Assistants:
|Essential and Desirable Qualifications||No. of
|Educational Qualification||Consolidated Emoluments/pm||Duration|
|01||“Developing Breeding population of teak with broad genetic base for long term Genetic Improvement” (RP-132)ICFRE Project. PI. Dr. B. Gurudevsingh, Sci-G||(one)||Essential: Pass in Higher Secondary (10+2) with Science||Rs.7000/-||
|02||“Insect pest complexes on medicinal plants and the influence of pest damage on their active principle” funded by National Medicinal Plants Board PI: Dr. J.P. Jacob, Scientist-E||(one)||Essential: Pass in Higher Secondary (10+2) with Science
Desirable: B.Sc. in Zoology
|03||“Value addition of Acacia resources of the Nilgiris for employment generation and livelihood support” funded by Hill Area Development Programme PI: Dr. Rekha R. Warrier, Scientist-D||(Two)||Essential: Pass in Higher Secondary (10+2) with Science
Desirable: B.Sc. in Geology/Geomatics with knowledge on remote sensing.
Age : 25 years as on 25.07.2014 (Relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates).
Terms and conditions:
- Age limit is 28 years for JRF and 25 years for Field Assistants as on 25.07.2014.(Relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years OBC candidates).
- Candidates should submit their application downloaded from the website of this Institute, in person on the date of interview from 09.00 AM to 11.00 AM. Registration of process will be closed by 11.00 AM on the date of walk-in-interview.
- Emoluments: As per project sanction.
- The position is temporary and co-terminus with the project or earlier depending on the performance of the candidates.
- Recruitment for the above temporary positions is governed by rules of the Indian Council of Forestry Research & Education and does not guarantee subsequent employment in any Institutes under the Council.
- Candidates are advised to bring the bio-data duly filled in as per the prescribed format which can be downloaded from the website address http://ifgtb.icfre.gov.in
- Candidates desirous of attending the walk-in-interview should bring original testimonials on educational qualifications and community certificate for verification. Attested copies of the same are to be attached with the bio-data form while appearing for the interview. Candidates without Provisional Certificate/Degree Certificate awarded by the Universities need not attend the interview.
- No TA/DA will be paid for participating in the interview.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
Important dates to remember :
Walk in date : 25.07.2014
|Click here for More Details|