Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc) invites application for the recruitment of Scientific Officer “C” with M.Lib holders
Company name : Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc)
Posts : Scientific Officer “C”
Qualification : M.Lib
Salary : Rs. 15600-39100/- p.m
No of Post : 01
Location : Chennai
Last date to apply : 31.10.2014
Details of Post :
Scientific Officer “C”:
IMSc invites applications from the eligible citizens of India for filling up of one vacant unreserved post of Scientific Officer “C” [Library] by direct recruitment on regular basis.
- No of post : 01
- Essential Educational Qualifications : Bachelor’s Degree with first class followed by
- Masters Degree in Library and Information Science [M. Lib. Inf. Science] with First Class.
- Essential Experience: The candidate must have a minimum of 4 years of Post qualification experience in a responsible capacity in a University Library / large Library of Academic (or) Research Institute.
- Desirable: Working knowledge in a) Library Automation, Digitisation and networking, b) Acquisition and management of e-resources, c) Management of library operations and d) Experience in working with Library automation and management software.
- Pay Band: Rs. 15600-39100 with Grade Pay of Rs. 5400/- plus allowances as applicable to Central Government employees stationed at Chennai. Higher starting band pay can be considered in deserving cases.Besides band pay in the pay band plus grade pay, the selected candidate shall be entitled to Dearness Allowance, HRA @ 30% of band pay + Grade pay, Transport Allowance, Children Education Allowance, Leave Travel Concession of Central Government for self & eligible dependent family members as per rules, Medical Facilities under Contributory Health Service Scheme [CHSS] of the Department of Atomic Energy for self & eligible
- dependent family members as per rules and flexible Promotion Policy of the Institute.The Selected candidates shall also be eligible for Performance Related Incentive Scheme (organisation) [PRIS (O)] of the Department of Atomic Energy under which incentives equal to 20% of total band pay + Grade pay worked out on a monthly basis
- paid once in half year. The Selected candidates further eligible for Professional Update Allowance paid once in a year as admissible to the employees of the Department of Atomic Energy.
- Age: Maximum 35 years as on 31.10.2014 which can be relaxed as per Central Government rules and as applicable to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD category /Ex-serviceman candidates as per Government of India Rules.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Relaxation in the upper age limit to the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ ExServiceman/ PWD category & candidates employed in Govt. organization will be as per Government of India rules.
- The prescribed essential qualifications and essential experience are minimum. Mere possession of the same will not entitle a candidate to be called for test/interview.
- The experience certificate submitted by the candidates should clearly mention the details about the specific specialized/functional areas in which they are having experience.
- The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for written test/ interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of essential qualification and essential experience, higher than those prescribed in this advertisement.
- The Institute reserves the right to relax any of the qualifications / experience / age limit in exceptional cases, or in case of persons already holding analogous positions in Government / Autonomous Institutions / Universities / R&D Institutions etc. with prior approval of the competent authority.
- Candidates acquiring qualification through distance education mode of teaching and part time courses will not be considered.
- The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill the above vacancy as advertised.
- The Institute also reserves the right to reject any or all the applications without assigning any reasons thereof.
- Persons working in the Central Govt. / State Govt. / Public Sector Undertakings /Autonomous Bodies / Central & State Universities etc. should submit their applications through proper channel. However, in order to avoid the delay theymay send an advance copy of their application along with the attested copies of the certificates as required on or before last date for receipt of applications.
- Those who are unable to submit their application through proper channel may produce “No Objection Certificate (NOC)” issued by present employer. [Head of Institution (or) Head of the Administration] at the time of written test/interview. However, they should submit an undertaking in the application to that effect.
- Before applying for the post, candidates are advised to satisfy themselves about their eligibility. No interim enquiries/ correspondences/ communications of anysort will be entertained on the matter under any circumstances
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted strictly in the format enclosed herewith. One recent colour passport size self-attested photograph should be affixed on the place given in the application form and two additional photographs (without attestation) should be enclosed along with the application form. No application Fee need to be paid by the candidates The envelope containing the application should be superscribed as “Application for the post of Scientific Officer `C’ [Library] and Advertisement No.9-R-IMSc-2014”. The application form complete in all respects along with the attested copies of relevant certificates in support of educational qualification/s, age and experience etc, must reach in a sealed envelope to the “Registrar” at the address given below on or before October 31, 2014. In any case IMSc will not be responsible for any postal delay. REGISTRAR Institute of Mathematical Sciences (An Autonomous Institution under Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India) 4th Cross Road, C.I.T. Campus Tharamani, CHENNAI 600 113. Tamil Nadu
Important Dates to Remember:
Last Date to apply: 31.10.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From IMSC||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
25-10-2016 , 26-10-2016