Inter University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Consultant through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed M.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from Inter University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Consultant on or before 15/05/2016. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Inter University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA)
Vacancy Name : Consultant
Educational Qualification : M.Sc
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : Rs.75,000/-per month
Job Location : Pune
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 15/05/2016
Address For The Job Vacancy : Inter University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune.
Detail Of Post:
- Consultant – Data Management / Scientific Computing (Project).
- Number of positions: 2
- Qualification & Experience: Degree in M.Sc. (Physics/Maths) / BE (Comp.Sci./Info.Tech./E&TC.). The candidate is expected to have at least 2 years of experience in the following areas: Linux workstations and servers; Disk raids and tape backup systems; Large networked systems, utilizing multiple virtual LANs and routing; Firewalls and load balancing; User account management; Computer hardware and software trouble-shooting; Virtual machines. Should be well versed in C and C++ programming languages, and script languages like Bash, Perl & Python. Knowledge or skill in the following is highly desirable: NIX and Windows operating systems; Software configuration control (SVN, GIT); Relational databases (e.g. mySql); Strong documentation skills; Good communication and customer support skills; System configuration, server control such as user accounts. The candidate should be willing to learn the required skills quickly.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities Report to the project System Administrator and solve problems assigned by him / her. Work closely with other members of the system support team to ensure as little system downtime and disruption of user High Throughput Computing (HTC) jobs as possible. Support scientific, technical and administrative users. Handle and resolve user issues expeditiously and effectively. Note that many users will be remote users. This requires on-call availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Edit software programs in C and scripting languages like Python. Identify and evaluate systems and network requirements and implement solution updates as and when needed. Be proactive, as opposed to reactive, e.g., in order to minimize system downtime. Install and configure computer and networking hardware as and when required. Monitor network performance, security and IT infrastructure. Implement improvements to systems and network configurations. Maintain the HTC website and ensure that the information posted there is up-to-date. Maintain periodic logs of relevant information on users and systems As and when required, participate in meetings, teleconferences, and workshops relevant to supporting gravitational wave data analysis on the HTC. Other duties as assigned.
- Age Limit: 40 years (Including relaxation).
- Period of Contract : Co-terminus with the project completion, renewable annually based on performance
- Remuneration: Up to a maximum of Rs. 75,000/- per month
- Candidates can apply on or before 15/05/2016
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply?:
- The Institute reserves the right to withdraw any advertised position(s) at any time without giving any reason. The number of positions may increase or decrease at the time of interview. The Institute may relax the qualification/ experience and age limit at its discretion at any stage in case of candidate with exceptional merit.
- Offer of appointment to selected candidates does not confer any right, claim, implicit or explicit for continuation/ regularisation/ absorption against any post/position in the Institute.
- These requirements are ex-cadre and do not form part of the regular establishment of the Institute, but are meant to meet non-regular and limited time urgencies.
- Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview. More stringent criteria may be applied for short-listing the candidates to be called for interview. Applicants having higher qualification and merit will be given preference.
- Application after the last date, (ii) incomplete in any respect and (iii) any fresh paper/enclosures after closing date, shall not be considered.
- Certificate in support of experience should be in proper format i.e. it should be on the organization’s letter head, bear the date of issue, specific period of work (in DD/MM/YYYY format), name, designation and signature of the Administrative Authority/Owner of the organization along with his/her seal.
- The Institute shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at any time at the time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has clandestine antecedents/background and has suppressed the said information, then his services shall be liable to be terminated.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the issue appointment letter, the Institute reserves the right to modify/ withdraw/ cancel any communication made to the candidates.
- In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the Institute shall be final.
- Applicants who are in Government employment should route their applications through proper channel.
- Candidates should bring a set of self attested copies of certificates and mark-sheets from matriculation onwards in support of their qualifications and experience. Originals should not be sent along with the application but these must be produced at the time of interview.
- Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the minimum essential qualifications laid down in the advertisement.
- No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding postal delays, conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
- Canvassing is any form will be a disqualification.
- No interim correspondence shall be entertained.
- The Institute may apply stringent criteria in order to place a reasonable limit on the total number of candidates to be called for test/interview.
- For updates, please visit the Institute website regularly, as any subsequent amendment will be announced on the Institute website only.
- No T.A./D.A. will be paid.
- For further details regarding the above posts and online application, please visit our website: http://www.iucaa.in/Opportunities.html.
Important Dates To Remember:
Last Date to Apply for this job 15/05/2016