International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Legal and Administrative Officer through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed MBA, LLM can apply for the new recruitment notification from International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Legal and Administrative Officer on or before 15.05.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB)|
|Vacancy Name||Legal and Administrative Officer|
|Educational Qualification||MBA/PGDM, LLM|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Posts|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||15.05.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), NEW DELHI|
Detail of International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) Legal and Administrative Officer Recruitment:
The incumbent will handle matters involving complex issues of labor, administrative and, as appropriate, international law. He/she reports directly to the Director-General on matters pertaining to overall policy and strategic issues of the Centre, including legal affairs, accounts, finance, procurement, funding, management of human resources, and other relevant administrative matters. The post is full-time. A one year contract will be offered for the first term, followed by a 5-year contract, renewal subject to performance, with a competitive salary under the United Nations Professional Salary Scale (Level P4-P5) depending on experience and qualifications. The position includes attractive Health care benefits and participation in the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund. Candidates should submit their full CV by completing the ICGEB’s Personal History Form, together with a cover letter outlining their motivation for application and full contact details of at least three referees
- POST TITLE: Legal and Administrative Officer
- LEVEL: P4-P5
- DATE REQUIRED: As soon as possible
- DURATION: One year for first appointment, subsequently, 5 years with possibility of extension
- DUTY STATION: Trieste, Italy The Legal and Administrative Officer handles matters involving complex issues of labor, administrative and, as appropriate, international law. He/she reports directly to the Director-General in matters pertaining to overall policy and strategic issues of the Centre, including the management of human resources. While the Legal and Administrative Officer reports to the Director-General, a high degree of independence is expected.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Administrative matters The Legal and Administrative Officer will: – Manage the administrative activities and services of the ICGEB, ensuring proper coordination among the three ICGEB Laboratories in Trieste, New Delhi and Cape Town, and adherence to the Centre’s programmes. This includes control, custody and disbursement of funds and establishment of proper Business Administration procedures (for example the recently implemented IPSAS Accounting Standards). – Manage the Assessed Contributions of Member States and other funds received by the ICGEB from external sources. – Oversee the preparation of the annual financial statement of accounts and co-ordinate forecasts of financial requirements of the ICGEB. – Manage the relationship with the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund.
- Legal matters The nature of the post requires the applicant to interpret and to assess and advise on action with regard to ICGEB rules as well as other legislation affecting the operation of ICGEB and the management of its personnel resources. The incumbent will be expected to advise on changes in such legislation and/or policies as may be required in order to allow ICGEB’s control framework to be adapted to the needs of the organization. The Legal and Administrative Officer will: – Advise ICGEB’s senior management on the authoritative application of regulations, rules and procedures governing human resource management, including such issues as the conduct, rights and obligations of staff; the legal status of staff and their dependents; matters related to disciplinary measures etc. – Liaise with counterparts in other agencies to ensure consistent/compatible approaches in administrative matters of law. – Oversee the legal aspects of the industrial agreements directed at licensing proprietary or nonproprietary technologies to the industrial sector. – Perform other related functions as requested by the Director-General. – Advised on issues that may relate to strategy regarding disciplinary matters and other related matters, including: Whether issues are of a policy nature or a formal legal nature. In what manner legal considerations should influence a proposed course of action. The legal soundness of a proposed course of action. The extent to which an action exposes ICGEB to risk and/or liability.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE – Education: advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in international and/or administrative law, business and/or public administration, or a related field. – Extensive knowledge of business administration, including budgetary, financial and human resources polices and procedures. – Experience, at a senior level, in working with personnel/administrative issues of law. – Knowledge of the operations of governing bodies and policy-making organs of international organizations – Thorough knowledge of ICGEB staff rules and regulations, and of the United Nations legal framework – Fluency in English and Italian is essential, knowledge of other UN languages would be an asset.
- COMPETENCE The incumbent needs to possess: Sound judgement and personal maturity. Political sensitivity and awareness in handling cases and dealing with staff. Thorough knowledge of ICGEB staff regulations and rules, and of the United Nations legal framework. Knowledge of, and experience with, the United Nations justice system. Good managerial skills, having the ability to direct and motivate staff in order to achieve maximum efficiency and quality in attaining required goals, and having excellent interpersonal skills with staff at all levels. Excellent analytical skills and ability to interpret rules and guidelines. Excellent oral and written communication skills. A strong results-orientated outlook with the ability to meet deadlines. Ability to take a constructive approach to resolution of problems in an efficient and timely manner . Integrity and probity. Utmost discretion in handling sensitive and confidential matters. Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure. Ability to multi-task, handling a complex workload involving concurrent deadlines. An understanding of ICGEB’s goals, programmes and its place in the UN system.
Selection Procedure for International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) – Legal and Administrative Officer Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 15.05.2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How to apply for Legal and Administrative Officer Vacancy in International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB):
Applications should be addressed to the Personnel Unit, ICGEB, Padriciano 99, 34149 Trieste, Italy E-mail: email@example.com, quoting reference PU/ADM/03-15 Closing date for applications: 15 May 2015
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 15.05.2015