International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Director through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed MASTER DEGREE/ PH.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Director on or before 15/04/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB)|
|Educational Qualification||Any Masters Degree/ M.Phil/Ph.d|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Posts|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||15/04/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), NEW DELHI|
Detail of International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) Director Recruitment:
The ICGEB invites applications for the prestigious position of Director of its Component in New Delhi. ICGEB is an intergovernmental organization established in 1987 within the United Nations system, in order to provide the scientific community with a centre of excellence for research and training in genetic engineering and biotechnology to the benefit of developing countries. The Centre, currently supported by 64 Member States, operates through three locations (Component laboratories) in Trieste, Italy, New Delhi, India and Cape Town, South Africa. The New Delhi Component was established in 1988 to provide a hub for advanced research and training and to address critical problems of the developing world in the fields of health and agricultural molecular genetics and biotechnology. The ICGEB New Delhi Component currently comprises research groups focusing on infectious diseases (HIV, malaria, tuberculosis, dengue), the production of recombinant gene products, structural and computational biology, agricultural biotechnology (plant molecular biology, biotic and abiotic stress resistance and plant transformation), synthetic biology and biofuels. Relevant funding, provided by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, will ensure a gradual expansion of the Component in the years to come, through the establishment of new international research groups.
- POST TITLE: Director, ICGEB New Delhi Component
- DUTY STATION: New Delhi, India
- DATE REQUIRED: As soon as possible
- DURATION: Five years, with possibility of extension subject to performance.
- LEVEL: Attractive salary package within the United Nations Common System at a level commensurate with the incumbent’s qualifications and experience, including participation in an international pension fund and health insurance.
- PURPOSE OF PROJECT: Implementation of the work programme of the International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB)
- DUTIES: Under the overall supervision of the Director-General, the Director, New Delhi Component will be the chief scientific and administrative officer of the Component. The Director will be requested specifically to: – implement and guide research, training and other activities at the Component, including general supervision of the work of the principal investigators and staff; – lead a successful research project in the domain of the activities of the Centre, at the highest international level; – promote fund-raising activities to ensure sustainability and expansion of the New Delhi Component, including initiatives to guarantee proper visibility of the activity of the Component world-wide; – in coordination with the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India, prepare medium- and longterm research and training objectives, including budgetary allocation and proposals for action, aimed at ensuring that the New Delhi Component becomes one of the driving forces of Asia’s research agenda in the field of biotechnology; – under the overall supervision of the Director-General and according to the rules and regulations of the ICGEB, be responsible for the management of the financial resources allocated for activities to be implemented by the Component in New Delhi and the recruitment of scientific and general service staff and consultants who are necessary for the operation of the Component; – recommend to the Director-General any action pertaining to the establishment and operation of the ICGEB Affiliated Centres including the initiation of co-operative research and training programmes between the New Delhi Component and the Affiliated Centres in Member States, in particular within Asia; – be responsible for liaising with the Indian Government on all matters pertaining to the establishment and smooth operation of the Component; – upon request by the Director-General, undertake other actions to promote the objectives of the Centre.
- QUALIFICATIONS: – An active scientist of high standing and respect in the scientific and technological fields of the Centre; – extensive experience in the management of a scientific centre and multidisciplinary team of scientists, including the successful translation of scientific research towards innovation and/or commercialisation; – skilled in conducting effective interactions with governments of ICGEB Member States, international institutions and the scientific community worldwide; – understand the requirements of the Indian bio-economy strategic thrust, and the relevant administrative elements thereof; – familiarity with Asia’s biotechnology context: challenges, requirements and regional objectives, with a proven capacity to network across the international stakeholder community, including the scientific and political domains; – substantial previous experience in the management of major regional programmes is an asset.
- LANGUAGE: English.
Selection Procedure for International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) – Director Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 15/04/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How to apply for Director Vacancy in International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB):
The post is full-time and will be offered as a 5-year contract, renewable subject to performance, and will foresee an attractive salary package within the United Nations Common System at a level commensurate with the incumbent’s qualifications and experience, including participation in an international pension fund and health insurance. Further details about the ICGEB and about the position are available at the following URLs: http://www.icgeb.org and http://www.icgeb.org/vacancies.htmApplications should be sent by 15 April, 2015 to: ICGEB – Personnel Unit, Padriciano, 99 – 34149, Trieste – Italy – Tel.: +39-0403757307 Fax: +39-0403757379, E-mail: [email protected] Please quote reference PU/DCND/15-2 and provide full CV and list of publications, together with a one-page condensed biosketch, a letter of motivation and contact information for at least three referees
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 15/04/2015
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From ICGEB|
|Other State Government jobs|
05-12-2016 , 06-12-2016