International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Consortium Finance Manager through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Master Degree can apply for the new recruitment notification from International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Eligible candidates can apply Online for the Consortium Finance Manager Job on or before 15/04/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)|
|Vacancy Name||Consortium Finance Manager|
|Educational Qualification||Any Masters Degree|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Post|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||15/04/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Mumbai|
International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) Consortium Finance Manager Recruitment:
The International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. The research seeks to improve livelihoods of people living in semi arid tropical areas of the world by deploying innovations that catalyse and provide pathways out of poverty and hunger in an environmentally safe way. ICRISAT is one of the 15 international research agencies that comprise the Consultative Group on International Agriculture Research (CGIAR). ICRISAT is headquartered in Hyderabad, Telangana, India, with two regional hubs and six country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. In Malawi ICRISAT is hosted by Department of Agricultural Research services based at Chitedze Research Station. For more information on ICRISAT visit http//www.icrisat.org/.
- The ReSeed project ICRISAT, International Potato Center (CIP), Center for Maize and Wheat Improvement (CIMMYT), and the International Institute of Tropical agriculture (IITA) have formed a technology-scaling project called ReSeed. ReSeed is the acronym for the project “Reseeding Malawi’s Smallholder Agriculture with improved Maize, Groundnut, Pigeonpea and Soybean, Sweet potato and Aflatoxin Management Technologies. The project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). ReSeed will strengthen technology delivery in Malawi with specific attention to Balaka, Dedza, Lilongwe rural, Machinga, Mchinji, Mangochi and Ntcheu, districts. Four components implemented by CIP, CIMMYT, IITA and ICRISAT, each focusing on the same or different types of agricultural innovations will be addressed over the next 3-4 years in the seven selected districts. The consortium will be managed by a Consortium Management Office on behalf of the four CGIAR Centers CIP, CIMMYT, ICRISAT and IITA.
- The Job: Responsible for the overall finance management and reporting by ReSeed as a consortium. This is a senior position which requires an extensive experience and ability to perform the following key functions.
- Management: With the support of ICRISAT provide finance oversight to consortium members in the management of funds to maximize return on investment while minimizing risk; Lead a team of four CGIAR center accountants to ensure there are adequate control structures in place for management of funds. The CFM will support the CGIAR centers in conducting financial analyses in such areas as budgeting, engaging in cost reduction analysis, and reviewing operational performance as well as reporting to USAID. Other duties include: Maintenance of a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements; Maintain relationships with CGIAR finance units;
- Budgeting: Forecast cash flow positions, related needs, and available funds for project activities; Coordinate the preparation and management of the ReSeed budget; Report to the Consortium Advisory Committee (CAC) on variances from the established budget and the reasons for those variances Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
- Financial Analysis: Review the performance of project and report on key issues to CAC; interpret the projects financial results to CAC and recommend improvement areas; review Reseed finance management bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of project throughput and; create additional analyses and reports as requested by management from time to time.
- The Person:Should have a Masters’ degree in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent business experience and over 7 years of progressively responsible professional experience in the same or different company or division of a large corporation/Organization. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant qualification/designation.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, particularly in regard to presenting the results of analyses to management. Should have an outstanding knowledge of electronic spreadsheets.
- The Reward: This is an internationally recruited staff position with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package payable in US dollars. The position is initially for three years, and extendable depending on performance of the incumbent and funding availability. An attractive compensation will be offered for the right candidate.
Selection Procedure for International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)- Consortium Finance Manager Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 15/04/2015
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Consortium Finance Manager Vacancy in International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT):
Applicants should apply on or before 15 April 2015 on-line. Please submit a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted. ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer and is especially interested in increasing the participation of women on its staff.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 15/04/2015