International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Consortium Monitoring and Evaluation Officer through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Graduate can apply for the new recruitment notification from International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Consortium Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Job on or before 15.04.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)|
|Vacancy Name||Consortium Monitoring and Evaluation Officer|
|Educational Qualification||Any Graduate|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 posts|
|Job Location||Hyderabad, Bangalore, Mumbai|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||15.04.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Mumbai|
Detail of International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) – Consortium Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Recruitment:
The International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. The research seeks to improve livelihoods of people living in semi arid tropical areas of the world by deploying innovations that catalyse and provide pathways out of poverty and hunger in an environmentally safe way. ICRISAT is one of the 15 international research agencies that comprise the Consultative Group on International Agriculture Research (CGIAR). ICRISAT is headquartered in Hyderabad, Telangana, India, with two regional hubs and six country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. In Malawi ICRISAT is hosted by Department of Agricultural Research services based at Chitedze Research Station. For more information on ICRISAT visit http//www.icrisat.org/
- The ReSeed project ICRISAT, International Potato Center (CIP), Center for Maize and Wheat Improvement (CIMMYT), and the International Institute of Tropical agriculture (IITA) have formed a technology-scaling project called ReSeed. ReSeed is the acronym for the project “Reseeding Malawi’s Smallholder Agriculture with improved Maize, Groundnut, Pigeonpea and Soybean, Sweet potato and Aflatoxin Management Technologies. The project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). ReSeed will strengthen technology delivery in Malawi with specific attention to Balaka, Dedza, Lilongwe rural, Machinga, Mchinji, Mangochi and Ntcheu, districts. Four components implemented by CIP, CIMMYT, IITA and ICRISAT, each focusing on the same or different types of agricultural innovations will be addressed over the next 3-4 years in the seven selected districts. The consortium will be managed by a Consortium Management Office on behalf of the four CGIAR Centers CIP, CIMMYT, ICRISAT and IITA.
- The Job: Lead a team of M&E officers from four CGIAR members (CIP, CIMMYT, ICRISAT, and IITA). Provide leadership to the project implementation teams in all four CGIAR centers on monitoring and evaluation. Ability to interact effectively with USAID Mission and be very familiar with USAID M&E operations and requirements. Support the implementing CGIAR centers to provide the evidence of impact that justifies future investments and feeds back into the learning and messages. Develop and implement an M&E plan, and performance-monitoring plan (PMP) in line with standard USAID Feed the Future indicators and requirements. Lead the consortium M&E team in tracking project milestones and deliverables and report on the progress of ReSeed to the CAC and the Donor. Support preparation of progress and annual (technical and financial reports) and submit to ICRISAT for onward submission to USAID. Additionally the CM&E will perform the following functions: Ensure that the M&E databases are updated routinely and systematically; Ensure that the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guidelines regarding M&E are developed and updated where necessary; Lead regular performance reviews; Build capacity of ReSeed M&E focal persons in M&E skills through mentoring and coaching; In collaboration with Reseed Technical Team support the identification and documentation of achievements and accomplishments of the project against performance targets; Participate in preparation and implementation of special studies (eg. baseline, impact evaluation, mid-term review); Ensure timely compilation of internal and external progress reports (monthly, quarterly and annually).
- The Person: Preferred candidates should be holders of a PhD or Masters’ degree in economics with over 7 years of progressively responsible experience in the same or different company or division of a large corporation. Experience and understanding of data collection and survey methodologies, including statistical survey methodologies and analysis. Good understanding of the agricultural sector and its development challenges in Africa, such as those affecting technology dissemination, adoption, and impacts. Relevant project experience may include work in the technical areas of agricultural productivity, nutrition, poverty alleviation, and income generation. Ability to work independently in a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural environment. Demonstrated ability to prepare high quality M&E reports as well as scientific papers. Proficiency with statistical spreadsheets programmes Demonstrated experiencing managing the M&E components of large donor-funded projects in Malawi or Southern Africa in general. Experience with USAID M&E strongly preferred. Fluency in English is required.
- The Reward: This is an internationally recruited staff position with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package payable in US dollars. The position is initially for three years, and extendable depending on performance of the incumbent and funding availability. An attractive compensation will be offered for the right candidate.
Selection Procedure for International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) – Consortium Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 15.04.2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Consortium Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Vacancy in International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT):
Applicants should apply on or before 15 April 2015 on-line. Please CLICK HERE to submit your application. Please submit a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer and is especially interested in increasing the participation of women on its staff
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 15.04.2015
22-01-2017 , 23-01-2017