International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Post-Doctoral Fellow through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Post-Doctoral Fellow Job on or before 09/09/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Vacancy Name : Post-Doctoral Fellow
Educational Qualification : M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No of Vacancy : 01 Post
Salary : NA
Job Location : Across India
Last Date to Apply for this job : 09/09/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) , Across India
Detail of International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) Post-Doctoral Fellow Recruitment:
The CGIAR Research Program on Dryland Cereals (Dryland Cereals), led by ICRISAT in partnership with ICARDA, is seeking applications from dynamic and highly innovative persons for the position of Post-Doctoral Fellow, to be based at ICRISAT (Bamako, Mali) with responsibilities for research on preference traits and PVS from a gender analysis. The research of the PDF will provide historical, quantitative and longitudinal depth to the relationship of PVS as a technology to the gender norms of identified communities to for Grain Legumes, A4NH and Dryland Cereals. The PDF will need quantitative and qualitative methods, with an ability to work with large data sets in order to contribute to the understanding of the PVS process within commodity CRPs and their impact on gender stratified communities. This is a collaborative position between A4NH (www.a4nh.cgiar.org); Grain Legumes (grainlegumes.cgiar.org/); and the host: Dryland Cereals (drylandcereals.cgiar.org).
- Reports to : Senior Scientist of Gender for Dryland Cereals, ICRISAT
- Location : Bamako, Mali
- The Person PhD with a strong focus on gender issues in Rural Sociology, Sociology, Anthropology, Economics, Development Studies, African Studies or Post-Colonial Studies Experience with agriculture, nutrition and Plant Breeding desirable Experience in data set management and analysis would be an advantage Proven ability to work with an interdisciplinary team (constituting of social and biophysical scientists) 1-2 years relevant experience in the developing world, agriculture and gender Excellent language skills in English and French is a must
- The Reward The Fellowship is for One year and extendable based on funding availability. An attractive compensation in US Dollars will be offered to the right candidate This position is located in Bamako, Mali
Selection Procedure for International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) – Post-Doctoral Fellow Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 09/09/2015
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Post-Doctoral Fellow Vacancy in International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) :
Applicants should apply on or before 9 September, 2015, with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted. ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer and is especially interested in increasing the participation of women on its staff. ICRISAT has a flexible approach to international appointments and welcomes dual-career couples.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 09/09/2015