International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Principal Scientist through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Principal Scientist Job on or before 30/09/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Vacancy Name : Principal Scientist
Educational Qualification : M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No of Vacancy : 01 Post
Salary : NA
Job Location : Across India
Last Date to Apply for this job : 30/09/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) , Across India
Detail of International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) Principal Scientist Recruitment:
ICRISAT seeks applications for Principal Scientist – Digital Agriculture, to be based at ICRISAT’s Headquarters, Hyderabad, India/Nairobi, Kenya/Bamako, Mali. The position reports to the Research Program Director – Markets, Institutions and Policies (MIP).
ICRISAT is a non-profit organization that helps empower poor people in the rural drylands of Africa and Asia to overcome poverty, hunger and malnutrition, through making agriculture profitable and sustainable. We achieve this through scientific advancements and working in partnership. ICRISAT, established in 1972 is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Essential criteria: PhD in ICT, research for development or related fields. Work Experience of at least 10 years in areas relating to digital technologies, preferably but not essentially in a research role in either the public or private sector Experience in the full range of digital technologies, including mobile platform applications, geo-spatial datasets, GIS (Geographic Information System), simulation models, decision support systems and cloud-based computing, Significant exposure to the business sector with sound acumen in partnering for mutual benefits. Aptitude to undertake research on leveraging ICT and social media for large scale communication and networking. Demonstrated success in identifying and sourcing resources to undertake proposed projects. Demonstration of an entrepreneurial spirit with aptitude for innovation.
- The Reward This is an internationally recruited staff (IRS) position with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package payable in US dollars. An attractive compensation will be offered to the right candidate.
Selection Procedure for International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) – Principal Scientist Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 30/09/2015
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Principal Scientist Vacancy in International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) :
- Applicants should apply on or before 30 September, 2015, with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer and is especially interested in increasing the participation of women on its staff. ICRISAT has a flexible approach to international appointments and welcomes dual-career couples.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 30/09/2015
25-02-2017 , 26-02-2017