International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Research Associate through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Research Associate Job on or before 30/09/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Vacancy Name : Research Associate
Educational Qualification : M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No of Vacancy : 01 Post
Salary : NA
Job Location : Across India
Last Date to Apply for this job : 30/09/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) , Across India
Detail of International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) Research Associate Recruitment:
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for the post of Research Associate to be based at Patancheru, Telangana, India. This is a nationally recruited position.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics.
- Responsibilities: Genomics data analysis, specifically on NGS transcriptome data analysis Designing and implementing transcriptomic studies, especially RNAseq experiments including routine wet lab practices like RNA extraction, library construction for RNAseq studies Analyzing the trancriptome data with standard open source data analysis pipeline(s) and further interpretation with standard tools Assist in introgression breeding and marker assisted backcrossing Contribute to project report writing and preparation of posters, research publications
- Competencies: Proficiency in English communication skills (both written and spoken)S trong knowledge about sequencing technology and data analysis (specially Illumina platform)
- Requirements: PhD in related field like Biotechnology/Genomics/Genetics/Life Sciences with working experience of functional genomics Expertise in Unix/Linux operating systems and administration Knowledge of statistical analysis languages such as R Knowledge of programming and scripting languages (either Perl, Python) will be additional advantage Publications in related field (RNAseq/NGS) will be preferred Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in multicultural team
Selection Procedure for International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) – Research Associate Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 30/09/2015
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Research Associate Vacancy in International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) :
- The position is fixed for two years.
- Last date to submit application: 30 September 2015
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 30/09/2015