International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Scientific Officer (ICT) through recruitment notification – International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) Recruitment 2015. Candidates who have completed Masters Degree can apply for the new recruitment notification from International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT).
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Scientific Officer (ICT) on or before 24/07/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Vacancy Name : Scientific Officer (ICT)
Educational Qualification : Any Masters Degree
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : NA
Job Location : Across India
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 24/07/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Across India.
Detail Of International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) Scientific Officer (ICT) Recruitment:
Scientific Officer (ICT)-TLIII Project:
- ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for the post of Scientific Officer to be based at Patancheru, Telangana, India. This is a nationally recruited position.
- ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks.
- To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics.
- Expand the TLIII Project’s commitment to information and communication services using ICT tools, especially to identify, design and develop appropriate technologies, innovative tools and approaches.
- Upgrade and strengthen the Project Website so that it is increasingly interactive and provides more relevant, up-to-date information to stakeholders, which broadens the routine, day-to-day interaction among the partners and provide mechanisms for reaching out to new constituencies, especially community-based organizations and farmer and women’s groups.
- Make use of social media and rural radio to influence stakeholders currently beyond the reach and to communicate in multiple languages.
- Harmonized ex post impact assessment survey designed, instruments developed and data collection using ICT tools (tablets) with participation of key partners across regions.
- Data on adoption and impact indicators compiled using ICT tools submitted to project management unit.
- Organize training programs and capacity building activities for enhancing the capacities of partner organizations.
- Any other work assigned by the Principal Investigator of TLIII Project
- Fluent in English (Written and spoken)
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in multicultural team
- Master’s Degree from recognized University in Information Systems/Computer Science, ICT4D/ Agricultural Extension and any relevant areas with an experience of 3-5 years in ICT4D
- Experience in implementing ICT mediated agricultural extension and rural development activities
- Having strong technology background with working experience in implementing open source platforms for mobile and tablet devices will be preferred
- Knowledge of ICTs including social media especially in context of agriculture extension
- Experience in international organization will be an added advantage
The position is for three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute’s continuing need for the position.
Selection Procedure For International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) – Scientific Officer (ICT) Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 24/07/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Scientific Officer (ICT) Vacancy in International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT):
Last date to submit application: 24 July 2015
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 24/07/2015
Top Company Openings:
10-12-2016 , 11-12-2016