International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Scientific Officer through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed M.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Scientific Officer on or before 28/07/2015. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Vacancy Name :Scientific Officer
Educational Qualification : M.Sc
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : NA
Job Location : Across India
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 28/07/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Across India
Detail Of International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) Scientific Officer Recruitment:
IICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics. About AVRDC- The World Vegetable Center (the Center) is a nonprofit, autonomous international agricultural research center with headquarters in Taiwan. Its South Asian Regional headquarters are based in Hyderabad and hosted by ICRISAT. Both Centers conduct research and development programs that contribute to improved incomes and diets in the developing world. AVRDC’s Regional headquarters is seeking an Indian national for the position of Scientific Officer to work in its legume breeding and development program.
- Responsibilities: Conduct laboratory, glasshouse and field experiments in legume breeding Undertake plant hybridization/crossing activities Data collection and collation, and maintenance of databases Assist in the preparation of research reports Conduct research work activities as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Competencies: Good proficiency in spoken and written English. Excellent computer skills including database management Good team player and adaptable to working in a multicultural team.
- Requirements: M.Sc. in Plant Breeding and Genetics/ plant breeding or related field with good academic record. Candidate having at least 3 years of experience in plant hybridization activities
- Appointment:The incumbent will be based in Hyderabad, India. The initial appointment is for one year with expectation of annual re-appointments depending on performance and requirements. Salary and perquisites are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Selection Procedure For International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) – Scientific Officer Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 28/07/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Scientific Officer Vacancy in International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT):
Last date to submit application: 28 July 2015
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 28/07/2015
18-01-2017 , 19-01-2017