International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Scientific Officer through recruitment notification – International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) Recruitment 2015 – Candidates who have completed Post Graduate can apply for the new recruitment notification from International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Eligible candidates can apply online/ offline for the Job Scientific Officer on or before 13/10/2015. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Vacancy Name :Scientific Officer
Educational Qualification :Any Post Graduate
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : NA
Job Location : Delhi
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 13/10/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Delhi .
Detail Of International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) Scientific Officer Recruitment:
- Scientific Officer- Horticulturalist-Research & Extension Services for AVRDC – The World Vegetable Center
- ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics.
- About AVRDC- The World Vegetable Center (the Center) is a nonprofit, autonomous international agricultural research center with headquarters in Taiwan. Its South Asian Regional headquarters are based in Hyderabad and hosted by ICRISAT. Both Centers conduct research and development programs that contribute to improved incomes and diets in the developing world. AVRDC’s Regional headquarters is seeking an Indian national for the position of Scientific Officer- Horticulturalist – Research & Extension Services to implement its vegetable development activities in the state of Andhra Pradesh, with a focus on tomatoes and chili.
- To develop and update annual work-plans, coordinate timely provision of inputs and effectively implement field activities comprising but not limited to a) introduction and assessment of new varieties, nursery development, grafting technologies b) improved crop production c) pest and disease prevention, pesticide reduction and IPM practices d) protected cultivation systems e)mulching and drip irrigation/fertigation f) post-harvest handling, drying and other forms of processing.
- To coordinate project activities with partner agencies, government departments, suppliers and farming communities and periodically report on project status, activities undertake and issues arising. Participate in all meetings relevant conferences and events where participation is required or will benefits project implementation.
- To supervise and train other staff deployed under the project on all relevant activities being undertaken, The candidate is expected to support and transfer knowledge and learning to horticulture and other government departmental staff and partners engaged in project activities
- To ensure that all field activities are undertaken based on the Center’s standards of operation and practice
To liaise with government, ICRISAT and other project agencies to ensure timely and effective implementation of project activities.
- To maintain effective and close liaison with the Center’s project supervisor and Center’s support team in Hyderabad.
- Masters degree in horticulture/Agriculture with atleast 10 years practical experience of vegetable production (particularly tomato and chili) including under protected cultivation. Some knowledge of post-harvest management and value-addition of these crops would be expected. The candidate is expected to have an excellent appreciation of vegetable projection practices in Andhra Pradesh, linkages with NGO’s private sector and producer organizations active in this region. Demonstrated mature and responsible management of field staff and the ability to liaise effectively with government research institutions farming communities private sector and NGOs; Demonstrated ability to manage timely field operations to ensure successful outputs and outcomes as per work plans; Strong written and verbal communication skills in Telugu and English and capability to make presentations to wide public audience. Proficiently in the use of various software application(Word, Excel etc)
Selection Procedure For International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) – Scientific Officer Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 13/10/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Scientific Officer Vacancy in International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT):
- Appointment:The incumbent will be based in key field location in Andhra Pradesh and will report to a supervisor based at Center’s regional office in Hyderabad. The initial appointment is for one year with expectation of annual re-appointments depending on performance and requirements. Salary and perquisites are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Last date to submit application: 13 October 2015
Important Dates To Remember:
Last Date to Apply for this job 13/10/2015
27-10-2016 , 28-10-2016