International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Scientific, Technical Officer through recruitment notification . Candidates who have completed M.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Scientific, Technical Officer Job on or before 15 July 2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Vacancy Name : Scientific, Technical Officer
Educational Qualification : M.Sc
Total No of Vacancy : 01 Post
Salary : NA
Job Location : Across India
Last Date to Apply for this job : 15 July 2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Across India
Detail of International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) Scientific, Technical Officer Recruitment:
Scientific/Technical Officer-Trial Facilitation for AVRDC – The World Vegetable Center
ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics.
About AVRDC- The World Vegetable Center (the Center) is a nonprofit, autonomous international agricultural research center with headquarters in Taiwan. Its South Asian Regional headquarters are based in Hyderabad and hosted by ICRISAT. Both Centers conduct research and development programs that contribute to improved incomes and diets in the developing world. AVRDC’s Regional headquarters is seeking an Indian national for the position of Scientific/Technical Officer to work in Trial Facilitation based in Hyderabad.
- To work effectively with senior scientists to implement field, nethouse and glasshouse trials, to allot field sites and to design and implement a seasonal plan for all experiments and demonstrations.
- To supervise and train both permanent and temporary workers to complete field operations including cultivation, trickle irrigation, spraying and harvesting and to ensure safe operation.
- To manage the purchasing and maintenance of all field equipment, including sowers, sprayers, cultivators and poly nethouses and stocks of experimental field supplies.
- To ensure good pest and disease management in trials with the use of appropriate IPM practices.
- To ensure that all field sites and especially the AVRDC demonstration garden are well presented and maintained and to supervise the collection and storage of seed of all demonstration vegetables.
- To liaise with ICRISAT to ensure timely and effective field operations and the construction of equipment.
- To assist in running research trials as needed.
Qualifications and experience:
Master’s degree in agriculture/horticulture with atleast 10 years practical experience of vegetable production; Excellent knowledge of regional vegetable production practices, crop protection and seed production; Demonstrated mature and responsible management of field staff and the ability to liaise effectively with scientists and input suppliers; Demonstrated ability to manage timely field operations to ensure successful trial results; Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, Hindi and/or Telugu; Proficiency in the use of various software applications(Word, Excel)
The incumbent will be based in Hyderabad, India. The initial appointment is for one year with expectation of annual re-appointments depending on performance and requirements. Salary and perquisites are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Selection Procedure for International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) – Scientific, Technical Officer Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 15 July 2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Scientific, Technical Officer Vacancy in International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) :
Last date to submit application: 15 July 2015
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 15 July 2015
OTHER TOP COMPANIES :
|Company Name||Number of
|Life Insurance Corporation of India||5,586|
|Staff Selection Commission Bihar||4,391|
|Union Public Service Commission||1,241|
|South Eastern Railway||663|
|West Bengal Public Service Commission||592|
|Chhattisgarh Rajya Gramin Bank||589|
|SBI Life Insurance||380|
|Bangiya Gramin Vikash Bank||359|
|Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited / Visakhapatnam Steel Plant||353|
|Food Corporation of India||349|
|South Eastern Coalfields Limited||345|
|Mazagon Dock Limited||336|
|Airports Authority of India||322|
|Odisha Staff Selection Commission||305|
|Odisha Public Service Commission||298|
27-10-2016 , 28-10-2016