International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Scientific/Managerial & International through recruitment notification – International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) Recruitment 2015. Candidates who have completed Ph.d can apply for the new recruitment notification from International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT).
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Scientific/Managerial & International on or before 30/06/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Vacancy Name : Scientific/Managerial & International
Educational Qualification : M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : NA
Job Location : Hyderabad
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 30/06/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Patancheru, Ramachandrapuram-Bhel Twp, Telangana 502319
Detail Of International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) Scientific/Managerial & International Recruitment:
Scientific/Managerial & International Recruitment:
- Senior Scientist – Sorghum Breeding, Bamako, Mali, West and Central Africa (WCA) Region.
- ICRISAT is a non-profit organization that helps empower poor people in the rural drylands of Africa and Asia to overcome poverty, hunger and malnutrition, through making agriculture profitable and sustainable. We achieve this through scientific advancements and working in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders. ICRISAT, established in 1972 is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org
- ICRISAT invites applications from dynamic and highly motivated Cereal Breeders to lead sorghum improvement in West and Central Africa (WCA) within a multi-disciplinary team comprising both biological and social scientists.
- The position is based at the ICRISAT Regional Office in Bamako, Mali, is within the Dryland Cereals Research Program and reports administratively to the Regional Director for WCA and technically to the Research Program Director-Dryland Cereals.
- Lead ICRISAT sorghum improvement in West and Central Africa
- Develop sorghum varieties, hybrid parents and hybrids with adaptation to the Sudan Savannah (800-1000 mm mean annual rainfall) of West Africa, with grain qualities acceptable for household consumption by rural households
- Plan and conduct the program in partnership with National Programs and other major stakeholders in the Region and regularly interact with ICRISAT scientists at other locations, to accelerate genetic gain and breeding efficiency and to develop improved breeding methods and processes
- Provide scientific leadership and creativity in designing and executing projects within the Region and across ICRISAT
- Use the appropriate data, pedigree, and computer software to manage the breeding program, design trials and analyze results
- Summarize and interpret the data of the experiments conducted
- Develop a close collaboration with the public and private (where they exist) national breeding and research programs in West and Central Africa
- Contribute to the sorghum R4D agenda and to the development of strategic partnership
- Lead project development and resource mobilization for ICRISAT and partners involved in sorghum improvement in West and Central Africa
- Produce scientific publications, reports, and presentations as required
- Organize and supervise the work of research support staff
- Contribute to enhancing capacity building of partners in the region through degree and non-degree training
- Represent ICRISAT in different fora as appropriate and required
- PhD in genetics and/or plant breeding with 5-10 years breeding experience, with an interest in both basic research and development-oriented and on-farm research
- Demonstrated interest and experience in international agricultural research, in particular to conduct research to benefit small-holder sorghum farmers in West Africa
- Experience or familiarity with quantitative/population genetics, genomics tools for enhancing efficiency applied to breeding program
- Experience in running field based research program to gain precise and reliable phenotypic data, demonstrated capacity in implementing participatory research methods
- Experience with variety development and release as well as effective seed dissemination
- Statistical skills, knowledge of computer applications and software for data collection, management and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially in a matrix environment, collaboratively in diverse, multicultural partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders, and interest to work in interdisciplinary team
- Project management experience delivering project reports and managing budgets
- Good track record in project reporting, proposal development, and publication;
- Willingness to travel extensively in the region and globally
- Fluency in English with excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills; working knowledge of French is highly desirable
This is an internationally recruited staff position with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package payable in US dollars. The position is initially for three years, and extendable depending on performance of the incumbent, requirement for the position and availability of funds.
Selection Procedure For International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) – Scientific/Managerial & International Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 30/06/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Scientific/Managerial & International Vacancy in International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT):
Applicants should apply on or before 30-June-2015, with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 30/06/2015
Top Company Openings:
26-02-2017 , 27-02-2017