International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Sorghum Commodity Specialist through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Sorghum Commodity Specialist Job on or before 25th May 2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Vacancy Name : Sorghum Commodity Specialist
Educational Qualification : M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No of Vacancy : 01 Post
Salary : NA
Job Location : Across India
Last Date to Apply for this job : 25th May 2015
Address for the Job Vacancy :International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) , Across India
Detail of International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) Sorghum Commodity Specialist Recruitment:
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture. ICRISAT, established in 1972, and is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
The Sorghum commodity specialist will drive the implementation of Sorghum related activities under the African Development Bank (AfDB) funded ATASP-1 project and take responsibility for coordination of all Sorghum related activities in a manner that is efficient and timely. He/she will provide oversight to all project activities working with other commodity specialists and staff including senior government officials to ensure result-oriented implementation of all project activities in accordance with the overall project implementation plan for the five-year period or revised Annual Work Plans and Budgets and Procurement Plans, in compliance with the relevant Protocols of Agreement as well as AfDB Rules and Procedures. The successful candidate will be based at ICRISAT Office in Kano, Nigeria and will work under the supervision of the ICRISAT Country Representative.
- Coordinate development of Sorghum-related annual work plans in conformity with the overall project implementation plan for the four-year period of the ATASP-1 project or as revised annually and ensure that the budgets and procurement plans are executed conform AfDB rules and procedures
- Oversee and drive the implementation of all Sorghum activities with stakeholders and with a focus on timely delivery of targets set and proactively seek linkages with the other non-Sorghum related components of the project
- Organize annual work review and work planning workshops specific to Sorghum sector development for government officials and NARS stakeholders
- Organize and oversee capacity-building activities for facilitators and staff members involved in program implementation
- Develop and promote crop and options that lead to higher nutritional and food security for poor smallholder framers and particularly targeting women
- Find farm level agronomic interventions that improve the performance of existing cropping systems or test and introduce improved systems or varieties
- Scale up and out promising interventions
- Liaise with relevant national research and development institutions, private sector actors in ensuring appropriate backward and forward linkages in the Sorghum value chain
- Oversee the selection of key project implementation areas (‘Sorghum sector development hubs’) and Sorghum value chain actors and in particular ensure mobilization of farmer groups for effective implementation of Sorghum project activities in the ‘Hubs’
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation of project implementation in the Sorghum sector and ensure measurement of achievements towards project goals
- Ensure preparation of real-time progress reports of project implementation, defining progress, problems and solutions
- Supervise Sorghum project staff and, where necessary, participate in the recruitment, orientation, supervision and mentoring of new staff, including promoting capacity development of staff in accordance with the needs of the project
- Ensure that performance appraisals are carried out annually for all project staff
- Ensure proper record keeping for the intervention and ensure that appropriate and accurate documentation is provided to the program administrator within specified deadlines
- In coordination with the project finance officer, supervise the maintenance of the Sorghum budget, including accounting of all project expenditures incurred under the project
- Represent the project to relevant local authorities and organizations and support ICRISAT Sorghum in policy engagement
- Develop an appropriate and clear relationship with local and state governments on implementation of the Sorghum activities particularly with respect to their investments in irrigation infrastructure as part of the rural Sorghum development plans
- Participate in local, regional or international information exchange fora or exposures related to the project as may be deemed necessary by ICRISAT
- Undertake any other duties as required by the needs of the Center
Selection Procedure for International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) – Sorghum Commodity Specialist Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 25th May 2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Sorghum Commodity Specialist Vacancy in International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) :
Applicants should apply on or before 25th May 2015, with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 25th May 2015