International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics(ICRISAT)has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Special Project Scientist through recruitment notification . Candidates who have completed Any Master Degree can apply for the new recruitment notification from Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)
Eligible candidates can apply online/ offline for the Job Special Project Scientist on or before 30/04/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics(ICRISAT)|
|Vacancy Name||Special Project Scientist|
|Educational Qualification||Any Masters Degree|
|Total No of Vacancy||02Posts|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||30/04/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics(ICRISAT) Patancheru, Hyderabad|
Detail of International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics(ICRISAT)Special Project ScientistRecruitment:
- Special Project Scientist (Data Curators) – Two Positions
- ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for the two positions of Data Curators in the Special Project Scientist category to work as part of a continuing expansion in the institute’s commitment to using statistical tools/methods and other modern approaches to agricultural research. These positions will be based at ICRISAT’s Headquarters in Patancheru, Hyderabad, India.
- ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics (SAT) are home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
- ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, seewww.icrisat.org.
- Support and help in research experimental planning, analysis of data from various experiments of ICRISAT scientific staff
- Carrying out phenotypic and molecular data cleaning, curation and analysis such as data diagnostics analysis, mixed models, spatial analysis, molecular diversity, linkage mapping, association-mapping, genomic selection, etc.
- Expert skills in the use of analytical and statistical software
- Assist in developing statistical computing programs using R/SAS/GenStat to facilitate statistical computing support
- Assist in training in applied statistics, statistical computing, and provide support to other functions of Breeding Informatics Unit (BIU).
- Ph.D. in Statistics/Agricultural Statistics/Biometrics/Mathematics with 1-2 years of experience or Master’s Degree in Statistics/Agricultural Statistics/Biometrics/Mathematics with 5 years of experience with a strong background in numerical and genomics data analysis
- Understanding of the advanced concepts in statistics & molecular marker data analysis
- Demonstrated ability and experience in statistical analysis of data preferably using R/GenStat/SAS.
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Understanding of Breeding Management System (BMS) of Integrated Breeding Platform (IBP) and knowledge of programming in computer languages C/C++/JAVA will be a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are essential
The Reward: These positions are initially for a period of three years, and may be extended depending on requirement, funding availability and performance of the incumbent. An attractive all inclusive consolidated remuneration will be paid in Indian Rupees with appropriate medical and accidental insurance coverage.
Selection Procedure for International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics(ICRISAT)Special Project ScientistPost:
- Candidates can apply on or before 30/04/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How to apply for Special Project Scientist Vacancy in International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT):
Applicants should apply on or before 30 April 2015, with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 30/04/2015
25-10-2016 , 26-10-2016