International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Special Project Scientist through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Graduate can apply for the new recruitment notification from International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Special Project Scientist Job on or before 15.04.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)|
|Vacancy Name||Special Project Scientist|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 posts|
|Job Location||Hyderabad, Bangalore, Mumbai|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||15.04.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Mumbai|
Detail of International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) – Special Project Scientist Recruitment:
The International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. The research seeks to improve livelihoods of people living in semi arid tropical areas of the world by deploying innovations that catalyse and provide pathways out of poverty and hunger in an environmentally safe way. ICRISAT is one of the 15 international research agencies that comprise the Consultative Group on International Agriculture Research (CGIAR). ICRISAT is headquartered in Hyderabad, Telangana, India, with two regional hubs and six country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. In Malawi ICRISAT is hosted by Department of Agricultural Research services based at Chitedze Research Station. For more information on ICRISAT visit http//www.icrisat.org/
- The Job: Provide specialized expertise on formative research (qualitative and quantitative) that can support the identification and prioritization of problems in smallholder farming systems in southern Africa, specifically: Lead in the design, planning and implementation of data collection tools and surveys, including household uestionnaires, focus group discussion guidelines, multi-stakeholder workshops Liaise with project partners on a regular basis to ensure that high standards of research, monitoring and evaluation are developed and maintained Facilitate linkages among farmers, government research and extension, NGO/s, private sector, and the development of functioning innovation platforms Provide technical support to the Impact Assessment Office in managing the implementation of independent impact studies Train and supervise field assistants, data collection and entry Lead the data analysis and share research findings at relevant platforms Author and co-author technical papers and publications Attend seminars, conferences, project planning and review meetings as assigned Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor (s)
- The Person: Will ideally have or will shortly receive his/her PhD in Agricultural Economics, Development Studies, or related discipline,. Strong skills in methods of monitoring and evaluation, including data collection and write-up reports. Demonstrated expertise in qualitative and quantitative methods; particularly experience in handling of panel data and applications of econometrics in data analysis A good understanding of impact assessment methods Very strong analytical skills, with expert knowledge of common statistical software packages (e.g. SPSS, SAS, STATA, Eviews) Experience in participatory research approaches related to climate smart agriculture including soil fertility management Excellent writing skills in English and ability to document clearly and succinctly for internal and external audience Strong organizational skills, client orientation and communication skills, and an ability to work effectively in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams The ability to build relationships with donors, governments and NGOs in Zimbabwe The position will be based in Bulawayo and requires national traveling
- The Reward: The selected candidates will be paid an attractive and competitive remuneration payable in US dollars, with international insurance, and relocation benefits. The position is initially for 2 years, and extendable depending on performance of the incumbent and funding availability. An attractive compensation will be offered for the right candidate.
Selection Procedure for International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) – Special Project Scientist Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 15.04.2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Special Project Scientist – Vacancy in International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT):
Applicants should apply on or before 15 April 2015 on-line. Please CLICK HERE to submit your application. Please submit a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer and is especially interested in increasing the participation of women on its staff
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 15.04.2015
01-03-2017 , 02-03-2017