International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Veterinary Officer through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Graduate, Post can apply for the new recruitment notification from International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Veterinary Officer Job on or before 3 April 2015 Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)|
|Vacancy Name||Veterinary Officer|
|Educational Qualification||Any Graduate, Any Post Graduate|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Post|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||3 April 2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Across India|
Detail of International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) Veterinary Officer Recruitment:
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for post of Veterinary Officer for the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI). The position will be based at Uttarakhand, India. This is a nationally recruited position.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics.
About ILRI: International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI), is a nonprofit scientific research organization, one of the 15 International Institutes under the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), with its world headquarter in Nairobi Kenya. The globally networked International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) helps to reduce poverty, hunger and environmental degradation by enhancing animal agriculture in developing countries.
- Prepare and maintain record of buck rearers
- Prepare and update register showing identification/ booking/purchase of kids/does/bucks and their planned supply
- Training of farmers and buck rearers and supply of extension materials
- Discussion with insurance company and arrange buck insurance
- In the farmer based data sheet (see above) identify and mark treatment and control farmers (10+10) from whom recording for observation on weight gain can be done to know the impact of TMR feeding (Treatment is replacement of present feeding of “100g soya+150g finger millet per week” with “100g of TMR pellet/day”)
- Preparation of Flip chart showing cost comparison of present feeding and proposed feeding with TMR
- Estimation of quantity of roughage (wheat & lentil) to be procured for TMR feed unit (procurement planned by end of May)
- Identification of farmers (close to road side) for procurement of roughages for the feed unit, meeting with them and development of LoU
- Support arrangement for transportation and storage of roughage to be procured for TMR productionn association with Himmotthan implement ELKS activities in Uttarakhand
Support Himmotthan’s goat project, specifically on selective breeding of Chaugurkha/Chaugarkha type goats and feed improvement through TMR production, which include:
Preparation and maintenance of X-cell based data sheet on cluster-wise goat beneficiaries and recording of observations such as name of beneficiaries, profile of animals (bucks, does, male /female kids), age, weight recorded, date of recording etc.at regular intervals
Maintain the above records of CONTROL group of farmers
- Dual purpose crop research: Collection of samples and data collection on crops cultivated in Uttarakhand for screening and popularization of varieties (including arrangement for seed production) having improved digestibility
- Help identification of policy gaps in pro-poor livestock development and establish rapport with key actors who can support to scale up the ILRI tested dairy/goat based models throughout state government schemes /programmes
- Facilitate partnerships and linkages with local stakeholders including research institutions through networking workshops, meetings and one to one interactions.
- Prepare case studies on experiences /best practices /lessons learnt in the ELKS project and share it through ILRI and partner websites
- Publication of research results in scientific journals
- Contribute to other ILRI supported programmes (e.g. Milkit funded through IFAD) in India
- Implementation and monitoring of field based studies, trials, surveys, data collection and analysis related to ELKS project in Uttarakhand
- Veterinary graduate
- Experience in goat development projects
- Knowledgeable on selective breeding of small ruminants
- Working experience in health care of small ruminants
- Working experience in Uttarakhand (hilly) region as a veterinarian
Selection Procedure for International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)- Veterinary Officer Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 3 April 2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Veterinary Officer Vacancy in International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT):
The position is for two years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute’s continuing need for the position. Last date to submit application: 3 April 2015
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 3 April 2015
26-01-2017 , 27-01-2017