International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Special Project Scientist/Spatial Modeling Specialist through recruitment notification – International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) Recruitment 2015. Candidates who have completed M.Sc, M.Tech, Ph.d can apply for the new recruitment notification from International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Special Project Scientist/Spatial Modeling Specialist on or before 15/07/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Vacancy Name : Special Project Scientist/Spatial Modeling Specialist
Educational Qualification : M.Sc, M.E/M.Tech, M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No Of Vacancy : 02 Posts
Salary : NA
Job Location : Across India
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 15/07/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Across India
Detail Of International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) Special Project Scientist/Spatial Modeling Specialist Recruitment:
Special Project Scientist – Spatial Modeling Specialist:
- ICRISAT seeks applications for the position of a Special Project Scientist with specialization in Spatial Modeling for the CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) in the New Delhi office of theInternational Water Management Institute at NASC Complex, Pusa Campus. Only Indian citizens are encouraged to apply.
- ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world.
- Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics (SAT) are home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
- ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
International Water Management Institute (IWMI), is a nonprofit scientific research organization, one of the 15 International Institutes under the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), with its global headquarters in Colombo, Sri Lanka. IWMI is engaged in various aspects of water and land management.
- assist, as required, in the biophysical modeling activities;
- be responsible for preparation and handling large datasets, spatial analyses and geographic information system (GIS) mapping, as and when requested;
- assist in the analysis of results, and in the organizing and synthesizing of journal articles, other scientific manuscripts and presentations for disseminating research results; and
- carry out other duties as may be assigned by the Regional Program Leader, CCAFS – South Asia.
You will possess:
- minimum M.Sc/M.Tech, preferably Ph.D. or equivalent in Agricultural Sciences, GeoInformatics, Hydrology, Meteorology, or relevant subjects;
- excellent programming skills;
- experience in climate change research; and advance knowledge spatial analysis.
The position is initially for 1 year and can be renewed based on the performance of the candidate and funding availability. The position holder will report to the Regional Program Leader, CCAFS – South Asia, and be based at IWMI’s New Delhi office. . An attractive all inclusive consolidated remuneration will be paid in Indian Rupees with appropriate medical and accidental insurance coverage.
Selection Procedure For International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) – Special Project Scientist/Spatial Modeling Specialist Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 15/07/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Special Project Scientist/Spatial Modeling Specialist Vacancy in International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT):
Applicants should apply on or before 15 July 2015, with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 15/07/2015
Top Company Openings:
24-01-2017 , 25-01-2017